Monday, May 27, 2013

PDay


Hello Family!
Happy Pday. Don't know how happy this Pday will be to be honest, we're going to a Concentration Camp- Neuengamme. I'm sure there's a website you could look up and feel like you're here too. But tonight after the Concentration Camp will be great. We go with our investigator, Mike, to Family Night at the Institute Center in Hamburg and he is teaching the lesson tonight! That's right, a not-yet-member is teaching the lesson at FHE. How cool is that? Mike is doing well. His baptism is scheduled for June 9thand I have faith that he will make it! Yesterday a miracle happened with him. So he and our GML (ward mission leader) had a missunderstanding and both didn't like eachother and both didn't want to talk to eachother. That doesn't really help so we have been working on getting them to takl and be able to be in the same room together and yesterday it happened! Mike said he did pray that he could have better feelings and our GML was fasting for the same thing. Yay miracles and answers to prayers!
This week was a week filled with miracles. We needed some. It was a hard week for me and Sister Hinkle. But we got through and will keep on going. But not to focus on bad things , here are a few of the many miracles we saw this week!
On Tuesday we were doing a few doors (it's been raining so much and been so cold that Street Contacting doesn't do anything, no one is out or wants to stop so we've had lots and lots of doors) and no one was really answering or being too nice when a boy walked past. I said hello and waved and he did a double take then started walking towards us with a huge smile on his face. He asked if we were mormon missionaries and was so excited to hear yes! He and his mom were taught by Elders 2 years ago but hadn't had contact with the church since then. This boy, Maurice, said he and his mom would like to meet again and asked for our number. He didn't give us his but said he would call. We thought that was cool and hoped that he'd call but to be honest not really having much faith that he would.
Then a bit later we saw him again! And he was still saying that he would tell his mom he found us and then call us. Then towards the end of the day while doing doors in another part of the city we saw him again! He was eating dinner at a restaurant, saw us through the window, came out to say hi and then went and brought his mom out! His mom (Frau Boysen) was almost crying with happiness to see missionaries again and gave us hugs right away and had us sit down with them and we taught a little lesson there and made out a new appointment. That appointment was yesterday and both bore testimony of the Book of Mormon and said that after the Elders didn't come anymore they just kept reading and finished it knowing it is true. There are some problems, like the mom smokes and doesn't want „some old guy“ telling her it's bad but we think there was a reason for seeing them 3 times in one day, and we will do our best to help them!
On Friday we decided to have a less active day and chose a few less actives to go by on. None of them were home so we left notes. One of them is a 13 year old girl. She wasn't home but her mom was. Her mom was a member but isn't anymore and we were very surprized when she let us in. She was so happy that there were Sisters now. When she was baptized in another ward it was Sisters who taught. She had actually seen us a few days before while walking on the street and thought to herself „I haven't invited Sisters to my new house, maybe I should do that.“ And then two days later we were there! We had a nice getting to know you time while sharing testimonies. This lady was a seminary teacher and was talking about how muhc she liked that when I mentioned the new Seminary Scriptures. She was curious to know what changes were made so I whipped out my Book of Mormon which happened to have a list of all the new Seminary Scriptures and gave it to her. She startd reading the list and said that she didn't have a Book of Mormon anymore so she couldn't read them all so I whipped out a Book of Mormon and gave that to her too. She laughed so hard but took it and held it the rest of the time we were there. Then as we were about to go a problem came up. Her daughter was on a train to go to the ex-husband for the weekend but he called 20 minutes before the train came into the station and said he couldn't get her. The daughter didn't have a phone and was going to be stranded. This lady (Frau Maaß) tried calling everyone she could but no one would answer or could help. So we said a prayer and I had the idea to call the Elders of that city for help. So we got their number and Frau Maaß called them with 10 minutes before the train arrived. And another miracle happened, they were able to find this 13 year old whom they've never seen before and then they could coordinate with the mom how to get her home. Yay Elders to the rescue! I think it was a very good thing we showed up and that the Elders were able to help too. And we have a return appointment with them this week :]
I hope you all had a great week! I love you all
Liebe Grüße,
Sister Walker


Hello again family! 

I am a little nervous my email will fail on me again so I wrote the first email on a word program then copied it to my email. But now I have read your emails and will hope this reply goes through. It sounds like you had a great week! I hope you said hi to everyone for me : ] It's kind of fun to think about the new family members I have to meet when I get back. Eli, Lincoln, Maxwell, Kendyll (Jeremy's wife) , Jeremy's baby, and still haven't met Cera's family yet. Sometimes I forget that your life is still going on. Not everyone paused their life, just me. Weird. 

I sent Gerry a postcard, but I can't find her address so I sent it to you, can you give that to her please? And I will pray for her and Gina too. I hope that they can find happiness that Pratt is not sick or in pain anymore. 

How fun that you are redoing the bathroom for the Dittrichs! I saw Sister Kosak this week and she said that her parents are very excited to come. She also said to let you know that their testimonies aren't the strongest so not to expect them to go to church. I think when they see your examples though they will want to go. And I think they would like it to be invited to do Family scripture study and prayer. Tell them hi for me please :] They are great and I am excited you get to meet them!! 

And congratulations on the marathon training! I am very impressed. We'll have to do another race when I get back too! 

I was thinking about if I want you to come pick me up or not, and I decided that I definitely want to show the family around Germany. I vote for a family vacation! :] but really I would be fine with anything. If not this year then sometime soon.  

I love you all! Have a wonderful week! 

Love, 
Sister Walker 

No comments:

Post a Comment