Monday, June 10, 2013

Happy 10th Transfer


Hello Family!
Today I am double digets old in mission time, start of my 10th Transfer is today. Number 10 of 13. Funny. I remember looking to the older Sisters when I was new and thinking how mature and smart they were and expecting to feel the same when I am old. But that didn't happen. I still feel like I'm new.
Anyways, I'm so happy that you got to meet the Dittrichs! And that you had a great time :] Thank you for the pictures. It makes me happy to see my family and members in Germany that I love together. And the house looks great, the bathrooms especially. Good job decorating Mom. And I love it that you said you'll visit them in Germany! Hehe You will love it here. It sounds like a great weekend! Was Lee able to speak German with them or was it all in English? Did Kaden get and German practice? I laughed a little when you said Sister Dittrich didn't like the Hawaiian Haystaks. I can totally see her seperating everything on her plate :] And I am glad that Brd Dittrich got his hike in. He likes doing that. I love them :] Do you by chance have their Germany address? I don't have it any more and would like to send them a letter. Could you email it to me if you do have it? Thanks!
My week was good! Mike got baptized! Here is the picture. He didn't want to take one because he hated the one piece jumper but he was a sport and took one. The man who baptized him is Bruder Imbeck. He and his wife are some of my favorite people in this Branch :] He was normally the joint teach with Mike. 



The Program went well. Mike chose not normal baptism songs for the service, the first one was a sacrament hymn and closing was "Abide with me tis Eventide" but they worked. The Spirit was there and the messages in the songs were nice. Mike asked Sister Hinkle to give a little talk about Baptism and me to sing. So I sang the "I like to look for rainbows" song. I also sang that at Michael's baptism. Maybe I'll make it a tradition to sing it at every baptism! I sounded a lot better this time though. And I actually stayed on key. My voice has changed a little since coming here. Not really deeper or lower but while singing it is stronger. I think Sister Burns would be proud of how much I#ve improoved since her singing lessons. Then after my song it was into the font! When they got into the font and stood in the stance, Mike tried to dunk himself before the prayer was even said! We all got a chuckle out of that.

There were 4 nonmembers at the service and we have appointments with all 4 this week! Get ready for more baptisms Bergedorf! One is a man named Paul. Members brought him to our Summer Party and again to church. He's doing well. Then another is the husband of a member. They just moved here from Spain and German is only so-so. Remember in my setting apart blessing it said I would learn all the languages of my mission? We need some Spanish here. There are 3 member families who speak mostly Spanish.  Last week we taught Primary and I was able to help the daughters from one of the families. They asked me what words meant and I was able to tell them the word in Spanish. That was cool. But I don't know Spanish and I told them words I didn't know. (yay for the Spirit!)  I think I need to learn a little bit so we can communicate better. I talked to the Office about it and they ordered the MTC Spanish material for me. Wish me luck! The other two nonmembers were also brought from a member. It is her son and his girlfriend. We had an eating appointment with them after the baptism where Mike came too and taught them a little and made a new appointment out. Their names are Nadia and Jessie. 
After the baptism part while Mike and Brd Imbeck were changing we watched the finding happiness movie. It's 5 minutes long and invited the Spirit. Sister Hinkle and I thought that would help the nonmembers more than just singing hymns while waiting. I think it went OK. then when the men got back, Mike stood up and bore his testimony and tld his conversion story! It was so cool! Then Schwester Imbeck gave a talk about the Holy Ghost. It was all very good. There were also 3 friends from Institute there and after all the members came and hugged Mike and gave him presents and welcomed into the ward. I know he'll be a very strong addition to this little Branch!
Other than the baptism nothing really exciting happened. We weren't even in Bergedorf for more than 3 days. We had Tausch with the sisters in Elmshorn and the Zone Leadership Council in Berlin. But it was cool, we were able to have a sleep over with the Lankwitz Sisters! I saw Sister Peine again and met my "granddaughter!" Sister Lartey. It was so much fun. We drove the train with 3 elders and the ride was 3 hours delayed. It should have just been a 4 hour train ride but we were on the train for almost 6 with an hour long change beecause the second train was delayed and then the streettrain never came because of police activity so elders from the office had to come pick us up so we didnt even get to the Lankwitz apartment till about 11pm. But it was still fun to see the other Sisters in the morning! 


The computer just kicked me off again so I will end this email in the second half.
It was a great week, yes there are things to improve on and moments could have been better. My shoulder came out but I got it back in so no worries.
I hope you all have a wonderful day! I love you all :]
Love, 
Sister Walker 

PS- mike's favorite colours are green and black so Sister hinkle and I matched with his favorite colours!

No comments:

Post a Comment