Monday, December 17, 2012

Happy 3rd Advent

This week had a few Sunshine Moments, including Conference in Berlin, Miracles, an Ausstellung and the Choir Concert. In the Mission Conference I was Spiritually boosted and felt my Father in Heaven's love. I very much enjoyed hearing from President and Sister Richards as well as from President Kosak. 
I had a wonderful tender mercy given to me as well. I was feeling pretty bad thinking about the low numbers we have in Cottbus and wondering what I was doing wrong, trying to figure out how I can do better so that we can reach the Standards of Excellence. And then I was missing you all thinking about Christmas time, when one of the Sisters in a Missionary Couple came up to me and said "I want to give you a Grandma hug and tell you that you are doing a wonderful job!" When she hugged me I had to fight very hard from crying. Mom I thought of the blessing you got that said that Grandma received permission to specially watch over me on my mission. The Grandma hug I received from a Sister whom I've never met before and who I can't even remember her name, to me was as if  Grandma was giving me a hug and telling me that my efforts are good. I am doing what I am supposed to be doing and that all will be well. That was my favorite Christmas Present. I can always improve what I do here, but I felt that I shouldn't be dissappointed if I can honestly say I gave my best. My best is all I can give, and I try to give it every day. 
We had an Ausstellung (street stand) on Saturday and Elders from my District, from Dresden and the Married Couple from Görlitz came to help out! We were on exchanges so Sister Neukomm was not here! That was an adventure with a new Sister but wonderful and fun! We passed out over 400 invitation to my Ward's Christmas Concert, 2 Books of Mormon, and 7 of the "Joy to the World" DVDs! Miracles! We even had a little choir in the middle of the Christmas Market where me and 7 Elders sang.
 At the Choir Concert I was able to give a Book of Mormon to a couple who came there. That was the best part of the Christmas Concert! I was able to bear testimony of Jesus Christ in song and then again when talking about the Book of Mormon. That was another wonderful Christmas Present. 
One of our Miracles this week happened on Wednesday. We received a referal from the Office last week for a man who lives in Bad Liebenwerda. We tried to call him multiple times but never were answered or called back. On Tuesday night planning time, we both felt like we needed to go to give him the Book of Mormon he requested. We had talked about not going there because he hadn't returned our calls, but no, that wasn't right. So we went, found his house, and he wasn't home. Then his neighbor came and said that it was a family! And that they wouldn't be home till later. We left the Book of Mormon with a note and then the next morning on the train to Berlin we saw that this man, Nino Klingenberg, had sent us an SMS from a different number thanking us for the Book of Mormon and telling us he'll call us for an appointment for this week! That was a miracle! 
All in all it has been a pretty good week. I can say that I have given my best and I will continue to do so. I think the Christmas Spirit is really lifting Sister Neukomm's Spirit! We'll keep that up and share it with Cottbus! 
One little sad part at the Ausstellung was when our District Leader, Elder Bangerter, called us together and said that he had been transfered and was leaving to his new area directly from the Ausstellung. Even though it's the middle of a Transfer, about 20ish missionaries are going home so they can be home for Christmas. Elder Bangerter is now one of the Assistants to the President. He will do a wonderful job there! Now he can help the whole mission, not just our little District.
Speaking of my Distirct, the wife of our married couple, Sister Bauman, made a blog! The address is: thegorlitzdistrict.blogspot.de Now you can see what we do as a District! 
I hope you all have a wonderful week! Remember that I love you :] 
Love, Sister Walker 

PS- What did Gram have surgery on? I Didn't know she needed surgery! I'll pray especially for her, tell her I love her! 
PPS- A Present Idea for Lyssa... something fancy for her camera, clothes, new shoes, Pictures of Jesus for her house, new Disney movies...




Sister Neukomm and I celebrated Christmas last night after the Choir Concert because next week we have appointments with members on Chrsitmas Eve and Christmas Day so we decided to have a private party last night. Thank you for the presents! We got the Chrsitmas packages on Thursday. And Mom, I do like the outfits! I actually opened one of them on Friday and wore the outfit to the Ausstellung on Saturday. :] 
 Here are some pictures of our Christmas party! We started by singing Christmas songs and then opening companion presents. I gave Sister Neukomm a copy of "Jesus the Christ" in German. I can't remmebr if I already told you but at the Temple last week I schemed with the Elders on how to buy it for her at the Distribution center without her knowing. Very fun! And she liked it which was the best! 



She gave me very cute slippers and a necklace. Warm toes in the mornings now! 
Thank you again for the wonderful presents and the chocolate and candy canes! We used one of the candy canes for a spiritual thought for a member eating appointment and talked and read scriptures about the symbols. Candy canes are just starting to come to Germany so it was  very fun! I love you all! 



Your Gingerbread train and house are very cute! Cam, I love the overalls on your Gingerbread man! Here is our Gingerbread house, I decided I wanted to eat it becasue it looked so good!  :] 

Have a great day! 
Love, 
Sister Walker 





One present from Sister Neukomm's advent calender was dried Pepermint leaves from her parent's garden and a thing to put them in to make fresh tea. We did this and there was some little pieces of the leaves in our tea. When I finished I looked into my tea leaves and saw this. The Grimm!! Ahhh!!! :] 

hehehe... 

love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment