One Sunshine Moment for me this week was at the Ward's FHV Christmas party. There were 3 non-members there who were invited by their friends! That was exciting to see. And also Sch. Tomczyk came! It's been a while since she's come to an activity, and it was really nice to see here there. There was a gift exchange there and Sister Neukomm and I had no idea on what to bring. The theme was thankfulness, so we thought that instead of going and buying something, we can write our testimonies and wrap some of our missionary resources. Sister Neukomm gave a Book of Mormon with her favorite scriptures highlighted, and I gave a Joy to the World DVD. One of the Non-Members got Sister Neukomm's Book of Mormon and Sch Tomczyk got the DVD. After Sch Tomczyk opened it and read what I wrote (which ended with something like "I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus love you") , she came over to me crying and said "Thank you! This was the best present I could have gotten. I haven't felt so loved in a while, thank you." And to add more sunshine, she came to Church the next day too! There she told me that she watched the movie and couldn't wait to watch it again, it made her feel so good. Wonderful!
Another Sunshine moment was we got a referral from Sch Lehnig! That makes 3 referrals we've got from members this week! That is more than all my other weeks here combined! When we went to contact this referred lady, she was not home, so we left an invitation to the Christmas concert and will go back next week. While walking back, Sister Neukomm had a nice talk about how we can help eachother even more. It really helped me because sometimes I don't see how I help her. All I can see is how I should be doing better. It was very nice to understand eachother a little better and make plans to help eachother even more. I need to learn aim for perfection, but not be disappointed when I don't reach it quite yet.
President and SIster Kosak visited us this week as well (if you go on the mission blog you can see a picture of it, I don't look so cute but what can you do? germanyberlinmission2012-15.blogspot.com) President wanted to talk to Sister Neukomm so Sister Kosak and I had a nice talk. She said something kind of funny to go with how we felt Bishop didn't want to help us,she said that the Cottbus Ward is the Pharisees of the German Saints. I laughed a little at that. It is a great Ward with great members, I think that the disappointment of slow growth has dampened their spirits.
We had a moment yesterday where we felt like Bishop didn't want to help us, and we tried to remember what President and Sister Kosak said. And instead on focusing how we wish things were, we started naming the good things that are. Like getting referrals is picking up, there are members who do want to do joint teaches with us, and we are forming better relationships with members. A positive attitude does a wonderful job of getting rid of hurt feelings or pessimistic thoughts. Can always work more on that.
Another sunshine moment was that I wore the big ugly puffy Land's End coat for the first time because it was just so cold (a German expression is "schwein kalt" = "pig cold") and it worked wonderfully! I was so warm :] so maybe it's not such an ugly coat after all. We went to the Temple on Saturday with our District, and that was again a wonderful experience. I feel really blessed to be by the Temple and able to go. I did have a better week Dad because I have been praying more and really trying to get answers. In the Temple I got some answers that helped very much. I love the Temple! There were quite a bit of English speakers there, Sister Neukomm and I were the only two in the session to do German. One lady was from Colorado and she was very friendly and another was from Armenia who served her mission in Chicago. While at the Temple, I schemed with the Elders to buy Sister Neukomm "Jesus the Christ" in German for Christmas. It was funny. The Elders hid copies of the book in coats so Sister Neukomm wouldn't find them to buy it herself, then I took her out of the store and an Elder bought it for me, another Elder carried it in his backpack and then snuck it into the backpack we Sisters share. Very funny.
Another Sunshine moment was we got a referral from Sch Lehnig! That makes 3 referrals we've got from members this week! That is more than all my other weeks here combined! When we went to contact this referred lady, she was not home, so we left an invitation to the Christmas concert and will go back next week. While walking back, Sister Neukomm had a nice talk about how we can help eachother even more. It really helped me because sometimes I don't see how I help her. All I can see is how I should be doing better. It was very nice to understand eachother a little better and make plans to help eachother even more. I need to learn aim for perfection, but not be disappointed when I don't reach it quite yet.
President and SIster Kosak visited us this week as well (if you go on the mission blog you can see a picture of it, I don't look so cute but what can you do? germanyberlinmission2012-15.blogspot.com) President wanted to talk to Sister Neukomm so Sister Kosak and I had a nice talk. She said something kind of funny to go with how we felt Bishop didn't want to help us,she said that the Cottbus Ward is the Pharisees of the German Saints. I laughed a little at that. It is a great Ward with great members, I think that the disappointment of slow growth has dampened their spirits.
We had a moment yesterday where we felt like Bishop didn't want to help us, and we tried to remember what President and Sister Kosak said. And instead on focusing how we wish things were, we started naming the good things that are. Like getting referrals is picking up, there are members who do want to do joint teaches with us, and we are forming better relationships with members. A positive attitude does a wonderful job of getting rid of hurt feelings or pessimistic thoughts. Can always work more on that.
Another sunshine moment was that I wore the big ugly puffy Land's End coat for the first time because it was just so cold (a German expression is "schwein kalt" = "pig cold") and it worked wonderfully! I was so warm :] so maybe it's not such an ugly coat after all. We went to the Temple on Saturday with our District, and that was again a wonderful experience. I feel really blessed to be by the Temple and able to go. I did have a better week Dad because I have been praying more and really trying to get answers. In the Temple I got some answers that helped very much. I love the Temple! There were quite a bit of English speakers there, Sister Neukomm and I were the only two in the session to do German. One lady was from Colorado and she was very friendly and another was from Armenia who served her mission in Chicago. While at the Temple, I schemed with the Elders to buy Sister Neukomm "Jesus the Christ" in German for Christmas. It was funny. The Elders hid copies of the book in coats so Sister Neukomm wouldn't find them to buy it herself, then I took her out of the store and an Elder bought it for me, another Elder carried it in his backpack and then snuck it into the backpack we Sisters share. Very funny.
Speaking of presents, what I would like to get for Christmas is a good backpack. My back has been hurting lately and we think it is because I carry around a heavy side bag all day. So we have been sharing Sister Neukomm's backpack and it is working well, my back is feeling better!
That is so funny about Audrey and Trey going to the same mission! :] could be a great story at their wedding hehehe... And Becka is wanting to go on one too! Yay! I would love it if someone I knew was to come to my mission.
Mom, I didn't mean to make you feel bad about not sending letters everyday. It's really OK. I have the big poster you sent that says I love Kalyn and pictures and your cards, I'm good really :]
I hope you all have a wonderful week and I look forward to see pictures of the gingerbread men! :] I love you all!
Love,
Sister Walker
This is snow . I am stariting to like it. and am getting excited for a white christmas! Please excuse the exposed knees. I did not realize my skirt went up, it normally does not do that.
Here is my District at the Temple. Sister Neukomm adn I switched coats becasue she was cold. I am covering Baby Jesus so it looks like Mary and Joseph are looking at me :]
My email is being lame with sending pictures today. Sorry about that. Here is a nativity scene that I thought about buying for you all. It is all chocolate. We went to a chocolate factory on Monday with a member couple. Delicious chocolate!
No comments:
Post a Comment