Hello Family,
I'm running out of ideas for subject lines. Maybe this one should have been "Why didn't you tell me that Jermey and his wife are expecing?! I had to figure it out from an email from Trey!" Or something like that. Anyway, if what I got from Trey's email is true, congrats to them! They will be great parents! And welcome little baby Eli to the family from me too please! The picture of Holland and Ryder with him is just so cute! I am excited to be a mom too someday in the future.
To answer your email Dad, I'm sorry Ive been taking money out a lot. I can cut down on some spendings. Most of it though goes to buying warm clothes. I'm cold. But I think I am good with clothes now. I also had to get my boots fixed. Walking all day and with it being so wet my boots kind of fell apart.
Some of my money also goes to writing letters. Maybe I will stop that though, I haven't gotten any mail for 3 weeks since getting Mom's decorations. Hehe :] It's OK though. I have the poster thing from the family reunion hanging up over my study desk so I read that when I want a letter. Sister Neukomm and I also put little pieces of chocolate in our mailbox so when we don't get mail we can get chocolate. It's to the point that it's normal to get a piece of chocolate so when mail does come it may be a little sad we don't get chocolate. :] . I will do better with money, only for emergencies. Got it. I'll remember that right after getting a manicure today... tehehe.
Another Sunshine moment was District meeting. It's really a highlight of my week. My District is like a family and we help each other, support each other and love each other. Each week a different companionship brings a treat and we meet at the Senior Couple's apartment. Sister Neukomm and I brought homemade peach cobbler one week, and in this picture we are eating a Pazookie some Elders made.
We also went to the Temple this week and that is about as Sunshiney a moment as you can get. The Freiberg Temple is the only Temple in the world where you need to make appointments to go because it is always so busy. Each week is a different language to accomidate all the countries that come to it. When we went, it was the Hungarian week. That was funny. I had to wear translators to hear German and then spoke in English (next time I'll speak German too) so it was a three language session! What a miracle! I was the first one dressed so I was in the room alone for a few minutes which was wonderful just to sit there and feel God's love so strongly. Then a lady walked in and sat next to me. She was from Hungary and had been there all week doing her Family Names. I had my name on my lap to read it and when she saw it she got so excited! In a conversation of German and English and Hungarian, she told me that I was doing one of her hunsband's ansestors. When I got into the Celestial Room, she and her husband were waiting for me to say thank you. That was a wonderful feeling. I can't even put it into words. I just pictured the lady who I was a proxy for in the room as well also saying thank you. I've had few experiences that have been as special as this one. Temples are a wonderful place, I am so blessed to be able to visit one here regularly.
Another Sunshine Moment was we were walking home and trying to talk to people on the street. No one wanted to stop and the rain was not helping but then as we were about to cross the street I saw a lady a little bit ahead on our same side and she seemed to have a light on her, spotlighting her. I knew we needed to talk to her and not cross the street so we went over and had a wonderful lesson and she asked for the Book of Mormon! That was a wonder right there.
We also started an English Class here where for 2 hours we teach. The first is stricktly English. but the second hour is Gospel and English together. We had passed out around 500 or more invitations and two new people came. I was a little bit expecting more but take what I get. Both new people stayed for the Gospel part too where we talked about prayer. The SPirit was so strong it was amazing!
SO in all, this week was pretty good. A few bumps but we're working them out. I hope you all have a wonderful week!
I love you :]
Love,
Sister Walker
No comments:
Post a Comment