Hello Family!
One Sunshine Moment from this week happened at our English Class on Thursday night. We were both a little sad we had English Class becasue that meant we could not go to the Bauman's for Thanksgiving dinner, but we prepared and went and were rewarded! Two new people came to our English Class! One of our students brought his girlfriend and a less active member came as well. That makes 4 non-members and 2 members who come. Another part of this Sunshine Moment is that everyone stayed for the Spiritual Lesson after the English lesson! We talked about the Book of Mormon and while none of the non-members took one home with them, they all listened and participated. I think that one of the students (Rita) wanted to take one but didn't want to be the only one who did. Maybe next week :] She really seems interested and has taken the first pamphlet and the Family Proclomation to the World home.
Something that was another Sunshine Moment this week was in our Chumming Follow-Up. We left our little chumming paper on Tuesday with a message about the Book of Mormon and went back on Saturday to klingle. Next time I think we will have the days a little closer together. Between our leaving the paper and our return visit the Jehova's Witnesses came to the same street. From what we saw we think that they did some Anti-Mormon work. One lady after we klingled opened her window and started yelling at us. When she wouldn't listen so me saying we won't klingle by her anymore, only would scream threats to call the police, Sister Neukomm told her "Bitte, rufen Sie die Polizei an. Wir werden weiter klingle." Then she went and finished all the doors.
It's things like that that I really can see the desire of Sister Neukomm to work. She is doing so much better, I am really proud of her and how hard she is trying. There are areas to improve on but we are working on those.
Sometimes I feel stress trying to help Sister Neukomm and to find new investigators and to help the Ward. Something that has really hurt my feelings is in the past few weeks Bishop keeps saying that he is praying for Elders to come here and then alluding to the fact that when Elders come the work will go better. We really are trying our hardest, chumming, doing regular doors, following up on old contacts, trying creative finding ideas, and strengthening the less actives. I really don't want to sound like I'm complaining, I don't want to complain, but sometimes I don't know what more we can do and we still have no new investigators. Do you have any suggestions on something I can do better? Sometimes I don't think I'm doing a very good job and I don't understand why President has so much confidence in me.
A scripture that has really helped me this week is John 4:36. It says something like "both reaper and sower will rejoice together." We may not be reaping a whole ton but we are sowing like crazy. Maybe someday we'll find out if any of our seeds grows. When I shared this scripture with Sister Neukomm, she related a story to it that helped me. Her grandma met the missionaries and receiced a Book of Mormon but then decided the Church wasn't for her so she said good bye to the Missionaries. Then years later her son (Sister Neukomm's Dad) read the Book of Mormon his mom had had for so long and gained a testimony of it. He was baptized, married in the Temple and his daughter is now on a mission. The first missionaries have no idea that their seed has grown and has planted others. Maybe something like that will happen to me. Though I would like to see the seeds I plant grow, it's not in my timing.
Last Monday we went to the Zoo with some of the Elders in our District. The pictures are from that. Sister Neukomm and I sitting on a statue of her favorite animal (a Tapier)
One Sunshine Moment from this week happened at our English Class on Thursday night. We were both a little sad we had English Class becasue that meant we could not go to the Bauman's for Thanksgiving dinner, but we prepared and went and were rewarded! Two new people came to our English Class! One of our students brought his girlfriend and a less active member came as well. That makes 4 non-members and 2 members who come. Another part of this Sunshine Moment is that everyone stayed for the Spiritual Lesson after the English lesson! We talked about the Book of Mormon and while none of the non-members took one home with them, they all listened and participated. I think that one of the students (Rita) wanted to take one but didn't want to be the only one who did. Maybe next week :] She really seems interested and has taken the first pamphlet and the Family Proclomation to the World home.
Something that was another Sunshine Moment this week was in our Chumming Follow-Up. We left our little chumming paper on Tuesday with a message about the Book of Mormon and went back on Saturday to klingle. Next time I think we will have the days a little closer together. Between our leaving the paper and our return visit the Jehova's Witnesses came to the same street. From what we saw we think that they did some Anti-Mormon work. One lady after we klingled opened her window and started yelling at us. When she wouldn't listen so me saying we won't klingle by her anymore, only would scream threats to call the police, Sister Neukomm told her "Bitte, rufen Sie die Polizei an. Wir werden weiter klingle." Then she went and finished all the doors.
It's things like that that I really can see the desire of Sister Neukomm to work. She is doing so much better, I am really proud of her and how hard she is trying. There are areas to improve on but we are working on those.
Sometimes I feel stress trying to help Sister Neukomm and to find new investigators and to help the Ward. Something that has really hurt my feelings is in the past few weeks Bishop keeps saying that he is praying for Elders to come here and then alluding to the fact that when Elders come the work will go better. We really are trying our hardest, chumming, doing regular doors, following up on old contacts, trying creative finding ideas, and strengthening the less actives. I really don't want to sound like I'm complaining, I don't want to complain, but sometimes I don't know what more we can do and we still have no new investigators. Do you have any suggestions on something I can do better? Sometimes I don't think I'm doing a very good job and I don't understand why President has so much confidence in me.
A scripture that has really helped me this week is John 4:36. It says something like "both reaper and sower will rejoice together." We may not be reaping a whole ton but we are sowing like crazy. Maybe someday we'll find out if any of our seeds grows. When I shared this scripture with Sister Neukomm, she related a story to it that helped me. Her grandma met the missionaries and receiced a Book of Mormon but then decided the Church wasn't for her so she said good bye to the Missionaries. Then years later her son (Sister Neukomm's Dad) read the Book of Mormon his mom had had for so long and gained a testimony of it. He was baptized, married in the Temple and his daughter is now on a mission. The first missionaries have no idea that their seed has grown and has planted others. Maybe something like that will happen to me. Though I would like to see the seeds I plant grow, it's not in my timing.
Last Monday we went to the Zoo with some of the Elders in our District. The pictures are from that. Sister Neukomm and I sitting on a statue of her favorite animal (a Tapier)
and the one of our Elders (Elder Huber from Austria) on the most fun playground thing ever. it is a circle that spins itself using the weight of what ever is on it. We played surfing on it and competitions who could stya on the longest and I decided I want one in my house when I grow up.
Then we also fed the ducks there and Sister Neukomm was hungry and wanted to eat the duck food. We were pretty much the only people in the Zoo so it was like our own private tour!
I love you all and hope you have a wonderfull week! On Wednesday is our Christmas party so Merry Christmas this week as well! :]
Love, Sister Walker
No comments:
Post a Comment