Monday, February 11, 2013

Half Way


Hello family!
The biggest Sunshine Moment of my week was on Wednesday. We were coming home from District Meeting, which was a good-bye party for Sis. Neukomm. (It was a Fondue party- the national Swiss dinner. Sister Bauman made it a Fond-Adieu party. I thought that was cute). I was feeling a little better from Monday because I had read the scriptures, prayed a lot and talked to President Kosak, but was still a little down. Then We walked in our apartment Building and on our doorstep was a beautiful bouquet of flowers! Sis. Neukomm said "Oh! I wonder who sent me flowers?" But when we looked at the card, they were for me from my wonderful parents!  :] After seeing those the little bit of saddness  left in me went away and for the rest of the day I had a smile on, no matter what happened. :] Thank you!! 

One other Sunshine Moment of the week was on Friday night at a Relief Society Activity. The activity was Schrotwichtln and it was very funny to see the presents that were brought. But the best part was that two of our less active memebers, Sch. Tomczyk and Sch Rübesahm, were both there and the other Sisters in the RS talked to them and included them! That was great to see. 


Well, Sister Neukomm will be finishing tomorrow. I really did try my best to help her and I hope it worked. She was great with the Members this week and leaving them with her testimony. That was very nice to see, her bearing her testimony. She does have a good and strong testimony, hopefully she will continue to share it when she gets home. That has been a huge improvement since we've been together. She never shared her testimony, and didn't even think she had one, when we first started serving together. So there is progress. If that's all that I was able to help, was to show her she did have one and encourage her to share it, I guess that is success.

For this next transfer I am excited and nervous because I'm going to be Training! AHHH!!! I will do my very best and we will change Cottbus for the better. I'm a little nervous about working full days again. I have kept to the schedule in the White Handbook as closely as I could with Sister Neukomm but now after 6 months of not being able to do it 100%, I feel like I need to be retrained how to do more than 3 hours of work a day. So I guess it is good to be going through the Training Steps! It will help us both, my New Missionary and me. It wasn't a complete surprise, when I talked to President on Monday he told me I would be training. I told him I didn't think I was ready. He laughed. Then said I needed to stop being so humble and have faith in myself. Right now though I'll lead on other's faith till I can gain my own testimony that I can do this. But it's starting to come. My excitement is outweighing my nerves now, and when planning for this week and making the goals, I was just all fired up and ready to get my New Missionary now and get to work!!
I've received a few blessings from the Elders since I've been in Cottbus and each blessing has said "Kalyn there are people in Cottbus waiting for you to find them." I know they are there, and now I'll have to opprotunity to find them! I'm a little worried I will miss someone but the Lord knows who they are and He will help me find them. 

When I told Sch. Münch I was training she just laughed and said "Of course you are! I knew you would and you will be great!" If she can have the faith that I'll do well, I can have it too. She already planned with me our first lesson with the new Missionary. It will be on Chastity and she will ask hard questions to help prepare the New Missionary :] After she said that, it was my turn to laugh! (In the last picture, Sch.Münch is the lady between me and Sister Neukomm. We are standing in our RS room)
I love you all and am so lucky to be in your family. That you for your prayers, I really could feel them this week. They help me so much.
I hope Kaden feels better, Dad Cam and Cole stay warm and safe on their camp out, and that Mom doesn't miss her van too much :]
Gram and Pa, have a wonderful week and enjoy your Temple Work! You are wonderful examples to me.
Lyssa, Jared, Paige and Taylee, rememeber that I love you too! Stay healthy and warm! I think what makes a house a Home is what you feel when you walk in the door. if you feel love and peace and welcomed, it is home. Decorations don't matter but the spirit matters.
Trey, Love you too little brother. I'm so proud of you! Have a wonderful first week in your second city! The mission language is funny. I'm about to be a Mama now! Funny thing is it's my 9 Month mark as well hehe... 9 months and then I'm a Mama.
That reminds me, it's my half way mark this week. Weird. I don't feel like I've been out for half my time already. I won't think about that anymore.
Have a great week! 

Love,
Sister Walker
ps- the other picture of the book is a old German Evangelical songbook from 1907. song "260 is "Praise to the Lord" (the almighty the king of creation...) pretty cool, huh? can you read the old german script? I'm just starting to be able to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment