Monday, February 25, 2013

Happy PDay


Hello Family!
So this week was more normal as last week, no more Nazis or crazy doors. (And Mom, I think you're right, I will just leave when someone starts to get angry. Getting people angry won't help anyone and the Spirit can't be there so it is really just a waste of time.) I don't know if "normal" is a good word to use though, nothing is really normal but then that is normal. NaJa.
We had a good week! I feel like Trey a little bit because my city was kind of dead in the investigator department but we are finding more everyday! This week we got three new investigators and lots more potentials! People to teach!! YAY!! I love teaching. It's one of my hobbies. Right up there with feeling the Spirit and counting my blessings. I think that I want to keep teaching when I come home, the Gospel and for work.
Sandro is doing great! He just brings his questions and really accepts them, we went over tithing with him in one of our lessons this week and he asked if he could pay it right away! He came to church again on Sunday and brought his little sister, Alina, with him. We have an appointment with both of them today. It's really exciting to see others progress in the Gospel!
And speaking of progress, Sister McCandless is making a ton! She's doing great! Sometimes she doesn't see it so I try to tell her every moment I can. The language is difficult for her, but she's trying. That has made me see how much of  a blessing it was to me to have German before so I didn't have to start from nothing. But she is starting to understand more and more and is very good at praying and bearing her testimony! And her reading is terrific! I still have a hard time reading outloud in German sometimes and she is rocking it. And something that I've learned from her is to not be afraid to ask for appointments with people on the street. I like to talk to them about the Gospel for a while, then get to know them a little, then at the end say something like "well, if you want to learn more, give us a call or come to church!" But she asks for appointments right after bearing her opening testimony! It's a little schocking sometimes but the people then know our pourpose and a lot accept. I need to do that too. I hope she learns something from me.
Her biggest fear is she thinks she can't understand people or communicate. We role play at home and try to plan everything well, but the best way really is just to try. I think she thinks I'm a little mean becasue I make her try. I do show love and am always there for support but I don't take over. But it's good. She talked to two people on the phone in German yesterday! It was amazing! I was so proud :] Something else I make her do that she doesn't always like is counting blessings. If she complains a little too much or is mr. grumpy gills we pause, and after she names 3 blessings we can start again. I say three as well. At the beginning of the pause she normally seems annoyed but after naming them she is better. Hope that's not too mean, I don't think it is.
One fun experiance we had this week was while we were contacting a referal from Schwester Münch. It was in a dorf (villiage) called Groß Oßnig. Sister Neukomm and I had gone there once before and gave the Book of Mormon to a JW. (This was the man in the sotry when he wanted to fight and I bore my testimony and he accepted a Book of Mormon) After the referal said no, we klingled almost the entire dorf. Not exaggerating. There was only one street we didn't get to because we had to catch the bus. We thought we would go by on the JW too. His name is Herr Graf. He was home and was super excited to see us! He had started reading the Book of Mormon and wanted to know more! We taught him a little on the street and then made a new appointment out for this week. The whole time is was a blizzard outside. Walking in a little German Villiage for 3 hours is a blizzard was quite the adventure. I am starting to get used to snow, but 20cm in one hour is a little much. At least all is pretty and white though. While walking in the Groß Oßnig I started singing "the field is white already to harvest..." song and it made us laugh.
Thanks for sending me Nathan's emails! It was fun to read his testimony in German! Way to go! I hope he gets to go into Switzerland when he gets here, he could serve in Sister Neukomm's ward! That would be funny. And he's the Zone Leader! I know leadership possitions  aren't bragging rights or anything, but Trey was one too, right? What a great and strong family we have :] President made a joke that he will make me the first Sister Zone Leader so maybe I'll join this club someday too ;] hehe
Mom, I did get the medicine and the markers, thank you! We both were very excited for the markers! And the medicine is helping :] And one of the new sisters, Sister Babbit, is from Mountain Green! We had Zone Trainigng on Wednesday where I met her and Grandpa gave her her Patriarchal Blessing! It was fun to talk about Grandma and Grandpa for a minute :]
Dad, you and Paige look so cute when you are colouring the picture. She just looks like she is bossing you around and it looks like you love it! And the cupcake game looks so fun!
Kaden very nice slimey teeth! Go eat some popcorn, chew some bubblegum and eat all the things you missed out on from the braces!
Cameron, your birthday's coming up! Are you excited? Hope you have a great last few days being 12 :]
Cole, how's Parkour going? Are you still being safe? Hope so!
Alyssa, Thanks for your pictures! Your girls are so cute and I laughed at Jared's Flynn Ryder look :]
Gram and Pa, Hello! I love you!
I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you!
Love, 
Sister Walker
PS- My camera is officially dead. For my birthday can I buy a new one? I'll start looking at prices today and let you know how much they cost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment