Monday, March 18, 2013

Goodbye Cottbus



Hello Family.
Well, The title of my email pretty much says it all. I've been Transfered. It's not really a surprize but it was a surprize that I'm so sad about it. It has been hard here but when i look back at all the progress I've made with myself and how much the Ward has progressed, I can't help but smile! I've learned so much from the struggles I've had here. Met people that are now forever written on my heart and I will be very sad on the train tomorrow.
At Church yesterday I gave a talk and I was a baby and cried when saying goodbye. It didn't help to look into the audience because there were tears down there too. Hope that means that I've touched their lives a little like they've touched mine. Sch. Münch is not very happy about my transfer and was one of them who cried. I told her that I expect her to be in the Temple for my wedding and she said that she will try her best. :] She said give her 2 years, so now I have a time limit hehe :] That was one of my favorite good byes that I got. Some of my other ones were from - Brother Dittrich said something like (in English too) "Sister Walker my heart is sad that you are going away. I will miss the sunshine you give to me." But good news, they are coming to my new Ward for Easter Sunday so I will see them there! - Tom Weilert (our only YSA) said "Sister Walker, I'm sad to see you go. Everytime I see you, you remind me of a fairy in a Fairytale. Not a bad fairy, but a good fairy that always brings smiles and fairy dust."

 Trauig (sad). I'll miss you Cottbus. A couple people asked if you, Mom and Dad, were coming and picking me up from my mission. And said if you are going to, that it is a MUST that we say hi to Cottbus. Don't know if you were planning that or not, but if you were, be sure to schedule Cottbus for Sunday.
Sister McCandless is not getting a brand new missionary, but another Sister who is only one transfer in Germany. They will both be in theie 2nd transfers and will finish training eachother. It's Sister Babbit, the one who got her Patriarchal blessing from Grandpa Pommerville. They will do wonderfully and I am so excited to see names of Cottbus people on the Mission Baptism List! Sandro is still doing well. And Yes, the lady from the Klingle came to Chruch! It was a little long and a little  noisy for her but I think she still liked it. Then we had someone we met at the Street Stand on Saturday show up! And Sister McCandless made out an appointment with him! We had a few other investigators there, 6 in total! MIRACLE!! One of them, Frau Wichmann, afterwards said to me "I can just feel God's love going right through me whenever you speak. Thank you for the light in your eyes." That was my goal, to help others feel God's love. I'm glad that at least one person felt it!

Now you're probably wondering where I'm going. I'm a little nervous and it's still not completely real for me yet so I have to be brave and type it and made it real. I'll be opening a brand new area for Sisters and Training again in Lankwitz, Berlin. This is the Ward where President and Sister Kosak and the APs attend. There have never been Sisters there before and the APs and President are normally only there every other week because of meetings, so with Sisters there the Ward will always have missionaries and we will also be able to help out in the Office when they need it. Someone made a joke that we will be the first Assistants to the President's Wife. When the Transfer Call came, I was also told that the members are super excited and they found out I'm coming the day before I did and I already have 2 months of eating appointments. My poor stomach is going to be given Elder's portions, since they don't have experience that Sisters eat significantly less than Elders. Another thing I'm nervous about.
But, I shouldn't be nervous. The calling came from God. He knows I can do it, President knows I can do it. Right now that is enough for me. I'll just have to go and do it. I feel pretty humbled that they have faith that I can do this.
Something that I'm excited about is that we will be living in a 4 Sister Apartment (who will also be opeing a new Sister area and trainging too in another part of Berlin) and Sister Curtis is the other Trainer! She is the one who worked with me in Cottbus when Sister Neukomm left. We are super excited! I leave tomorrow morning to meet up with her and we will have two days to check out our areas before the New Missionaries come in on Thursday. Wow!
Nathan met Sister Schaerre! That is so cool! She is a wonderful missionary and will be a great teacher at the MTC. And he flied out on TUESDAY!! Woo-Hoo! Viel Glück wünsche  ich Elder Allan! Du wirdst es Super schaffen!!
Trey, I'm excited what happens with your transfer calls!! And way to go on giving a talk and teaching in Italian!! You are great!
In the process of packing, I saw that I have too much stuff. So, I am mailing two boxes home. I did throw a lot away and gave even more to Sister McCandless, but I am mailing home my Christmas light-bow and old letters, my old journal, and some magazines from DDR time, and a German volume of the old Ensigns from the year 1901 home. I didn't want to throw those away. ALso in the box is something that I don't really know what to do with it, but is super cool. Maybe I'll donate it to the family history library. It is a handwritten pedegree chard from Adam down to Moroni. I thought it was pretty cool! It's also old and big so becareful opeing it please.
I hope you all have another wonderful week! I love you all!
Love,
Sister Walker 

Pictures- Mom, can you please send me this Creole seasoning please? It was in the Cottbus apartment and I love it. It was full when I got here. Not it's almost gone. Thanks!

Sister Dittrich's birthday was the day after mine and we went to see her and we took this birthday picture! (we also ate so much delicious cake there, when he comes maybe have her bake her poppy seed cake [mohn kuchen] that was my favorite, or her fruit cake. all were yummy!) 




My District came and helped out with a Street Stand! 

We tried something new and drew the Plan of Salvation in chalk. While drawing it lots of people wanted to know what was going on and after we were finished we were able to walk people through the Plan. it was pretty fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment