Monday, August 12, 2013

Happy PDay


 Hello Family!
This week was pretty busy. I am very excited for the Elders to get here because we really aren't in Cottbus all too much. I feel bad. We do work when we are here. And it goes well, we see tons of miracles!
I can't remember if I told you this one or not already so I'll just tell this miracle again. My first day here I asked if we could use some time that was scheduled for doors for a different finding activity. (Let's be honest here, knocking on doors isn't very effective at all here.) The differnt activity I wanted to do was to take chalk and write "www.mormon.org" all over with it. We prayerfully considered a street and went there and chalked it up! We talked to people along the way and gave out cards, but no one really wanted to talk to us. Before we had to go to an appointment I though in passing that I wanted to write it one more time really big so people in the top floor of a hig rise building cuold read it. So we did. The letters were almost as tall as me, it was that big.  
Then we went to an appointment. It went well. Then we came home to plan. And then we got a phone call from the Office Elders and they said we had a referral from mormon.org and the address was the street that we had chalked up! 
Skip forward a few days- our fist lesson with this man, Melvin, was on Sunday last week. It went so well! He asked awesome questions and prayed at the end and he just has an amazing spirit. And then yesterday, he came to church! ( he is from Ghana and only speaks English. Members came up to him and talked in English that I didn't even know could speak English! Guess 9 months in one city isn't enough to learn everything.) We invited him to baptism our first lesson and again after church in our lesson. He is totally going to be a bishop one day! 
When we first met him though, something Dad wrote came to my mind. He said that I must not have found everyone I was supposed to find so now I have a second chance. Melvin first came to Cottbus in January when I was here and then left in February. I missed him there. But he got back the week before I did for this second round! Got him this time :] 
We had another investigator at Church yesterday too named Semyon. He is a cute 86 year old Russian grandpa. The ward fell in love with him, and a lot of our little old ladies commented that they feel like he is already family. 
We had an exchange this week in Neu Kölln in Berlin and I saw a baptism! At one point the man being baptized, David, asked to take a picture with all full time missionaries so I even got a photo with him. I love baptisms. We're going to have more here in Cottbus too! And Sister Hinkle sent me a text saying that one of our investigators in Bergedorf wants me to come for her baptism which is September 1st (happy birthday mom!) I can't go but I am so excited that she has a baptismal date! And the Spanish family there will also have a baptism coming up! I love baptisms :] But not because then I can say "yeah, on my mission this many of my investigators were baptised" because that is not the point. The point is now that these our brothers and Sisters are one step closer to coming back to Father in Heaven! There lives will be so much happier and blessed now that they have made this covenant with our God. Yay for Baptisms!! 
I hope you have a wonderful week! Kaden, did you get another college girl's number at EFY? hehe. How was scuba Cam and Cole? 
Pa, I'm praying for you that your surgery goes well! 
I love you all!
Love, 
Sister Walker 

No comments:

Post a Comment