Monday, August 5, 2013

Happy August


Hello Family!
Before I get to my week I forgot to answer some questions last time.
Mom- About the lady in going to San Diego, would it be possible to send her the number of the bishop down there? she did't have thaqt last I talked with her. That would help her. 
-About Jessie and her 'partner' coming down, I think that if you will be out of town then tell them no. If you don't  feel comfortable at all about it tell them sorry but no. I did tell them that since they're not married they wouldn't be able to stay together. So they know that. It wouldn't be a shock to tell them again. I don't know them very well, so I can't really give you advice. I taught them twice, the boyfriend is the son of a member and they were new investigators before I left. I planned on being able to teach them and get to know them more before they asked you so I could tell you more about them. Do let them know that I probably won't be at home. Both don't speak English so that may be a turn off of the idea. 
-about the money, I'm sorry I am spending so much. It is not for personal things though. The new cloths I have are pass down or trades with other Sisters. It goes to train tickets and groceries because the mission money doesn't always make it. I am being good with my money and keeping a record of how much personal I use for mission purposes and have a plan to pay myself back. I still haven't gotten the check register I asked for, could you send that with the shirts please? (thank you for those in advance!) I did get a package of Jell-o and Yorks a few weeks ago that I forgot to say thank you for. So thank you! :] 
-What do you mean you've been called to be missionaries for 6 months? That's so cool! That's 4/8 missionaries in the family at the same time! (called, everyone is a missionary) What will you do? Is it like ward missionaries? Will you be working with Brett Edwards? say hi for me, he didn't answer my last email.
Dad- You said in this week's email " If you stay there for four transfers you will have spent well over half your mission in the same area." But I have to burst a few bubbles. I don't have 4 transfers left, only 2. And with this transfer it is already most of my mission in Cottbus. Pretty cool though, huh? I'm OK with that! And that's cool that you served in your first city twice! I have realized that I don't know too much about your mission. Can you tell me about it when I come home? Thanks. 
-You were right, I was very sad that I missed Kimmie's wedding. I wanted to be there so badly. I got their announcement on the 2nd which was their wedding day so that made me feel a little included. It was nice of them to send me an announcement. Can you tell them thank you for me? 
-I'm also sorry to you that I am spending so much money.
Kaden- You sent me an email and I never responded, sorry. Thank you and I love you too! Have fun at EFY!! (don't get any college girls numbers this time though, you don't want to break their hearts :P)
Now to my email! How was my week in Cottbus? I didn't have one. here was my week:
Monday- Pday in Cottbus with our evening appointment a family night with two members and two investigators.
Tuesday- a day in the city of Hoyerswerda where Schwester Münch lives. visiting her and doing work there.
Wednesday- District meeting in Görlitz and then drove a train to Berlin for Tausch up in Berlin-Dhalem.
Thursday- A very fun Tausch in Dhalem. I was with Sister Schrade. Sister Babbitt also stayed in Dhalem with Sister Norton. It was fun. We went by on contacts, did finding and taught an awesome first lesson with a man named Harrold. Then we drove the train home.
Friday- Back up to Berlin for Leadership Council. Yes we could have stayed in Berlin Thursday night too, but we felt we needed to get back to Cottbus, so we did. Invited a few people to church and slept. Then back to Berlin bright and early.
Saturday- Finally a day to work in Cottbus! It has been so hot here. About 100°F and 100% humidity. I hate humidity. I can take hot temperatures but humitity is horrible. And there is no such thing as Air Conditioning in Germany except in 1st class on trains (where we don't sit), selected buses (which we never get) and in Banks. Maybe that't why I spend money, to go to a bank... hehe just kidding. We use ATMs outside. We went to a dorf ( alittle city) to teach an investogators where we invited to baptism for the umteenth time but she said this time she will pray and fast about it, which is better than a no! But because she lives in a baby city buses on weekends are lame andd don't drive. So we got to use a taxi. It was weird. We also tried to do doors there, but no one was interested. It was a big party day becasue school started the next monday (today) and no one wanted their parties interupted. But we came back to the city and contacted a referral, had a lesson with the new member and passed out a lot of cards.
Sunday- Because it's been so hot, and there is no AC in the church, Bishop made church only two hours so we didn't all die being in the same room together. I thought it was very strange but whatever, he's Bishop he decides. After we had a delicious eating appointment with the RS Pres (we ate Königs Berge Klopse- one of my favorite Grman dishes) and then had an appointment with the referral we contacted on Saturday. It was such a great first lesson! We sat in the shade of a park and it was very spiritual. He thanked us at the end and we will continue to meet with him! So cool! After him, we went to Lübbenau, one of the little cities in our area. We visitied a member family that is part less active. When we left them, I had a goal (that Sister Babbit shared) to find Michael. He is the one who was baptized last I was here and no missionary has had contact with him since I left pretty much. It was downpouring and thundering and lightninging like nothing I've ever seen before. Still so hot but buckets were coming down. We swam to his house almost and he want't there. His mom was not too happy to see us but said she would give him a note that we wrote. Then I was getting worried. His mom told us that his schooling in Leipzig (where his records are) finished a few months ago and he's been home this whole summer. Why didn't he come to church or answer the missionaroes? How could we find him in this city in the storm? We said a prayer and I thought of a place to look. He wasn't there but was acoss the street from it! When he first saw us it looked like he wanted to run away but probably because of the rain he just went under a covering. We were able to talk to him and he was excited that I was back. We found him!!! Miracle!!! We talked a little and will be meeting more.
That was my week. It was a good one. Hope this next one is too! I love you all! Have a great week!

Love, 
Sister Walker

Oh, and PS- President told us that next transfer we are getting Elders in Cottbus too!! YAY!!! 4 missionaries in Cottbus! We need it especially since we are gone so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment