Monday, August 26, 2013

Hello Family!


Hi!
This week was pretty boring. I couldn't do too much because of my back. Lame. I was getting pretty restless becasue I couldn't do normal things like I wanted too. But I am also very grateful because the recovery went a lot faster than expected. I am walking like normal now and sleep in a bed not the floor and most of the pain is gone. My physical therapist was very surprized at how fast it went. She said from the first visit she would have recommended at least a month of therapy with 3-4 visits a week. But then at the 3rd visit she said I didn't need to come back! That everything was as far fixed as therapy could bring it. Yay for Priesthood blessings and prayers. I could feel prayers being said for me to get better. I'm assuming you said them, so thank you. They worked. I am trying to remember to be diligent but not go faster then I have strength (thanks for your email Dad! It wasn't too lectureing, it is what I needed to hear) and not hurt my back anymore. Taking it easy is not one of my strong points.
But one possitive about huring my back was we had enough down time to really plan for the American Night activity. This was in the plans before I came back to Cottbus but nothing had been done to prepare or plan till the week before the activity so there was a lot to do. This picture is of decoration the hallways as the Walk of Fame. Chi-yu and Ameen came and helped decorate becasue I couldn't lift anything or bend down. So they and Sister Babbitt moved all the chairs, tables and all that. I cut the stars and other decorations out and baked. Thanks for the recipies Mom, everyone loved them! The cinnonmon rolls were a hit. We had a good time. I gave a little presentation on Mormon influences in America, from New York to California each state they touched and left a mark on. On the Walk of Fame stars we wrote famous Mormon Americans. All 16 Prophets, some Book of Mormon people, and people like Steve Young, Philo Farnsworth (who is the ward mission leaders uncle! -the man who made the TV-), Stephanie Meyers, and Donny Osmond. Sister Babbitt Taught a line dance, Ward Mission Leader Bro Farnsworth broke some steriotypes, and he and his wife played a song on the fiddle together. He was the bow and she did the fingering, it was cool.

This week we had interviews with President Kosak and he told me to start thinking about going home. I need to stop pushing those thoughts away and need to embrace them. He told me to plan for school, plan for work, plan for dating, and plan to marry. I now think I will be awkward when I get home because the last two points almost gave me a heart attack when he said them. Dang it.

 But let's plan for the first one first. School. Pres Kosak gave me permission to sign up for classes and such. I don't remember my BYU ID number or ID name or pass word. Can I please have that information? Everything I need to sign into BYU.edu please? Thanks.
I hope you have a great week! Love you!
Love, Sister Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment