Monday, September 23, 2013

Happy Pday!

Hello Family!
Question Catch Up time-
Dad's Questions-

Chi-yu and Ameen are currently not investigatiing anymore. Chi-Yu is in Tiwan till October and we are hoping he takls to his family about it. They are a little against Christianity and he feels the pull of traditions holding him back. But he comes to church and reads and meets with us when he is here. The ward loves him. Ameen is actually not allowed to be taught. The rules just got strickter for teaching Muslims because of the dangers with it. He is from Syria which is not very possitive right now in general. We still invite him to activities and are friendly to him but can't do much more than that. Semyon is not doing so well, he has cancer and is starting to lose his memory too. We saw him a little while ago and was so happy but we've found no more time to meet because he's sick always. Melvin is now being taught by the Elders and doing great from what we hear. He has not been to church for a while though so I havn't seen him. We have a new investigator named Stanley who we contacted on the street when the Elders were late and he's doing great! He wants to be baptized but would like his family to be there and right now that's not possible. We're working on it. We are also working hard to find new people. President Kosak promised the mission can have 150 baptisms more by the end of the year. We want 6 in Cottbus. :] We pray for that and work for that. We will get it with the Lord's help. The ward needs softer hearts though. That will come too.
Tausches are going well. We have them 4 times a transfer and change around which Sisters are which weeks. Last week I was up in Lankwitz again and saw some old members who were excited to see me. That was nice.
My back is doing fine. I feel like I'm falling apart though. When my back feels good, then my feet hurt real bad. (you know that bump by my baby toe? It's gotten so big and owwie from all the walking. Only one pair of my shoes fit it and it's getting too cold to wear those.) Or when they feel OK then my shoulder hurts. But naja. I figure wear and tear would happen from being out all day for 16 months.

Mom's Questions-

I'm feeling tired. I can't sleep very well so I don't have too much energy but I need it. But when I need it though, I do feel the strength from God. While in lessons or talking on the streets or on Tausch I'm not tired at all because He needs me to be awake. But come meal times, I fall aleep in the middle of my sandwitch. But it's good.

Teaching is going well. I love teaching. I want to be a teacher when I grow up. So when everything gets worked out with BYU you can even let them know that I decided: Major- German Teaching, Minor: English Teaching. Then no more changing my majors. I just need to finish school already.

and No, no one has signed up for my last Sunday yet.

"Are you Happy?" is a funny question. I'm a missionary for the Almighty God, how can I not be happy? Being able to bear testimony every day is great. Sometimes I get a little down from stress or worry. Like I've been in Cottbus in my 12th month here and I don't see much change from my first week and I feel like I havn't done what was expected of me. Or I see investigators progress and know they've had spiritual experiences and answers and then they say no. Somethings are just hard. I don't mean not to sound happy. I just can see how small and insignificant I am. But I know I'm working hard. Bishop Wilkinson wrote me a letter and said something I liked, something like "the cost of dispipline is better to pay than the price of regrets." When I know that I'm doing what I can do then I should be happy. There is also a little stress with knowing I'm coming home soon. 9 weeks left now. My grades are bad, I'm not excited to date again, I don't have a job, I've gained weight..... So I try not to think about it. It will all be OK, sometimes I lose that focus.

A scripture that has helped this past week was 1 Nephi 4:3 "wherefore can ye doubt? Let us go up." This is Nephi talking to Laman and Lemuel. They saw an angel and were doubting that God could help them do seemingly impossible things. I havent seen an angel but I have felt the Holy Ghost testify. And The Holy Ghost is more powerful and convincing than an angel. How can I doubt that God knows what he is doing keeping me in Cottbus for so long? How can I doubt that He will help me work things out when I get home? How can I doubt that I will be able to get married and have a good life? I can't. So yes, I am happy!

I think that's all the questions.

This week was busy. I actually wasn't  in Cottbus all week except for last PDay. Tuesday and Wednesday I was in Lankwitz for Tausch, Thursday was Dresden for Zone Conference, Friday was Hoyerswerda for finding new people to teach, Saturday was Görlitz for a Family Fest, then Sunday was church. Fun week though. This week is in Cottbus though. It will be good. I'm glad we have Elders here now, that someone works in Cottbus :]

How is Pa doing? Why did he need surgery? I'm glad you are all safe and survived the busy week. Hope this next week is great! I love you!

Love,
Sister Walker

PS- Mom I like your MTC teaching idea, could you possibly look into that for me? Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment