Monday, November 11, 2013

Be Still


Hello Family!
As you all probably know, my favorite scripture is 1 Thesalonians 5:16 "Rejoice evermore!" This week I decided on one that shared the number one spot. It is Doctrine and Covenants 123:17 "Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the  salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed."
This week was hard I don't like complaining, but I don't know how else to say it. Stanley said good bye to us (well, he didn't say anything really, he just left), other investigators did say goodbye, alost all lessons that were planned fell out, even service projects fell out. We didn't find any one on the streets who wanted to talk, no one came in to open house, Tausch this week was a disaster (not because the Sister just everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong), and I am starting to get sick. We also got calls from other Sisters asking to cancel Tausch becasue they felt it was a waste of time, which made Sister Piteck and I both feel like crappy STLs if the Sisters think we just waste time. I have never had this low of numbers on my mission since I was with Sister Neukomm and we stayed inside most of the day. Part of me thought "na ja, (which is German for oh well) now I see a little better why she didn't want to go out, I don't really want to go out right now either."
During Weekly Planning, Sister Piteck and I really did not know what to do. After plannign all we could and calling everyone whom we could think of, our planners were still almost empty. Such feelings of doubt and sadness came over me and I really was thinking and praying inwardly "why did I come back to Cottbus? Why do I have an extra transfer on my mission? I have done everything I can think of and everything I can and we don't have anything to show for it. I can't help here any more. Should I ask to be transfered to a new city for my last two weeks? Or just stay inside? It will bring the same things and I won't be cold outside..."
When I got my call back to Cottbus, I really wondered why I cam e back and prayed very hard about it and came up with 4 reasons and it seemed like the 4 reasons had been taken care of or everything that I could do, I had already done.
Then I realized I was saying the word "I" a lot. This is not my work. Why am I saying that? Sister Piteck got on our knees and I said a prayer. In the prayer I was still feeling bad and wanting to cry. After saying Amen, we just stayed on the ground and, I will admit, did cry a bit. Then we got up and planned some more. New ideas came that we didn't think would work, but they did! Now our week is  almost full! And then at church on Sunday more miracles happened! 3 investigators came! 2 we taught them and had given to the Elders to teach because they are men, but one was still ours! It was her first time and she stayed and chatted with members after, it was great! And then so many Less Active members that I've been working with myentire time here  came! Sch Münch even came to Relief Society!! That's a first in a long long time! Sch Rübesahm came, Sch Tomczyk was there and Br K Schröder! Also a members nonmember wife was there. At home that night I was just thinking greatful thoughts and feeling very happy when a new thought came that was "be still." I know I have talked about this before, but I love how being still is an action verb with waiting. And that's why I love this D&C scripture. Do all you can with a possitive attitude and things will work out because God will do His part too. My whole mission I have been trying to be cheerfully doing all things in my power, now is my time to, while still doing my part, but be still and see the hand of God. I will still work strong these last 2 weeks, but even if I have another week of horrible numbers, I will remember to be still.
And this is my advice to you, be still but remember that is an action. I love you all and am praying for you all. Have a great week!  I love you!
Love,
Sister Walker
PS- this picture is from the Ober Kirche, the highest point in Cottbus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment