Monday, November 4, 2013

November Pday


Hello Family!
I hope you all had a great Halloween! Was there a Party at Gram and Pa's as usual? Trunk or treating? I don't like to brag but I think I had the best treat this Halloween -and that's not even a holiday in Germany! - But two members of the 70 came and spoke to us. Elder Kearon and Elder Fingerle. It was very  good. It was a mission tour, so half the mission met in Hamburg the other half in Berlin. The helped us learn how to find better and work with the ward better. They also helped answer questions we had and just lifted us in general. There was one embarassing part though. Backstory: In coming to Germany all the shyness that I ever had in my life left. You just can't be shy as a missionary and especially not in Germany. Also you can have no fluff in your speach in Germany. It's all black and white, very blunt. So that is how I talk and teach. If it's wrong, I'll let you know. (I think that's why I'm a Sister Training Leader. I have no problem being corrected and giving corrections, becasue how can we progress if people don't do that?) And missionaries whom I've never met before somehow know this. When I meet someone new they all say "Oh you're Sister Walker. I've heard about you." It creeps me out. One time a missionary that I met for the first time is a Zone that I have never even served in said "Oh, you're Sister Walker! My District Leader gave a lesson about how we should be more like you when we teach!" That one really creeped me out. I don't think I'm special or exceptional or a good topic for a lesson, it makes me uncomfortable when people do that. I know I have faults and I don't want people thinking I don't. Back to Halloween- Elder Kearon was at the pulpit and was talking about boldness. Presidet Kosak stood up and said "President Kearon, in our mission, we believe in sweet boldness." Then sat down. Then Elder Kearon asked the 160+ missionaries what sweet boldness meant. Everyone pointed at me. Someone said my name, and President Kearon had me stand up. He asked me what it meant and I told him. "Boldness is when you clearly make the distiction between right and wrong and encourage the person to act correctly. The Sweet part is making sure they know you love them while you are bold. It's like kicking someone in the pants and giving them a hug at the same time." Everyone laughed when I said that. When asked for an example I gave one from a lesson two days before with Schwester Münch. She was choosing not to come to church. I told her "Schw. Münch, there is no more nutral ground for you. You chose to be baptized so now you have to choose if you're on the Lord's side or the Devil's side. It is either or not neither. When you choose to not come to church, you choose to be with the Devil. That is wrong. I know God loves you and I love you and we will help you come to church because that's where you should be and we need you." President was so red in the face from laughing. That's embarassing. But that's how I see it and how I work.
The next day was the Zone Leader and STL council and the 70 members were there again. But they liked it and encouraged us to keep so working. Fun stuff :]
Naja. You're daughter (granddaughter and sister) is a bit strange. But still doesn't like that everyone knows her. I have a couple of nicknames on the mission too. I'll share a few with you all- President calls me his Sunshine Sister because of the Sunshine Moments I write him in emails, and missionaries call me normally one of these two names- Dictator- becasue I really am not afraid to correct something where correction is needed (alwasy with love of course) or Jedi Master- becasue they think I'm the Sister Training Leader of all Sister Training Leaders. I don't like Dictator, it makes me feel like a bad guy, but Jedi Master is not so bad. But really I'd rather have no nicknames and just be Sister Walker and not have everyone think I'm the best becasue I'm not. I'm still working to better a lot of things about my self.
And Dad, about the Cottbus Temple, I already have a spot picked out for it and the logistics of a Cottbus Stake worked out. I've actually even talked about it with President Kosak and my Bishop. and of course all the missionaries. The Temple Spot is close to the train station and in the middle of the city so it will be so easy for everyone to get to it. For the Stake we need just 820 more members. We'd pull in one ward and one branch that already exist and add 3 new wards and at least 3 new branches. Easy Peasy. I'm starting to doubt getting all of that in my last 3 weeks, maybe I'll try again to extend and then we'll get them in 9 weeks :] Where are new wards and branches will be based already have at least one member family there, just need it to grow. We're still working on it.
I hope you all have a great week! I love you all :]
Love from,
Sister Walker
This picture is at the ZL / STL council. Sister McCandless was made a STL! :] I was able to say good bye to her on Friday. It's weird to think I won't see most of my friends here again, but I'll see them when we get back home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment