Hello Family,
So I thought 30 minutes of email was a long
time but it's not. So I will elaborate a bit more. Feel free to add
things from this letter to my email when you post to my blog.
Day 1-
My
favorite part that I did not write about in my email was my first
chance at teaching an investigator (they really have us hit the ground
running here.) There were 3 different "investigators" we worked with
yesterday. All 328 new missionaries divided up. You took turns
answering questions that they asked. Not everyone got a turn but I was
one of the few who did with investigator #2. His name was Arnold and he
was looking for a church to fill the gaps of the Bible. He also was
very depressed from the death of his wife. About 4ish missionaries went
before me but Arnold was getting more confused. Then he gave me the
microphone and I simplified what was said and bore my testimony that he
would see his wife again. It only lasted about 2 minutes but everyone
was silent when I stopped. Aronold said he believed me and wanted a
testimony for himself. I am counting this as my first convert. hehehe
Just Kidding! But it did feel nice to seee I can do this work. And
after this class thing, multiple people (both other missionaries and
teachers) came up to me and said what a good missionary I am and will
be. To have the teacher say I did exactly what he was trying to teach
felt great. I can do this! I can be a missionary! yippee!!
Day 2-
Classes
officially started today! The advanced German Students have 2 sets of
teachers. 1 set is our real teachers and we learn in english all about
"Preach my Gospel" . The other set are helpers and teach us how to
contact people and give lessons in German. My companions Elder
Buff & Norman are super intense. They want our companionship to
read the entire Book of Mormon in two weeks in German and memorize all
100 scripture mastery in German. I told them I'd try to do these goals
with them so wish me luck! (I think I will focus on just the Book of
Mormon scripture mastery though.)
We had a great seminar today
call "people & your purpose" that focused on finding specific needs
and how to hlep them individually with the gospel. Very interesting.
Day 3-PDay!
Fun
day. Not as rest full as imagined. what I wrote in the email is
pretty much all I had to say. I was wrong about something. Sisters are
still called "sister" in Germany.
I do love my companion
Sister Li, and the other pair we always are with, sisters Fritas &
Julander. I hope my companions in the field will be just as enthused
about sharing the gospel as we are.
Also, in my bedroom are 2
sisters in our zone (not district) Sister De Leberto & Grungla
(spelling?) from Italy and Tonga respectively going to Temple Square
& Pocotello, Id. The are very nice and when we are all together we
teach each other our languages. I am learning the song "I am a child of
God" in Cantonese from Sis Li.
I'm sorry for the sloppy letter but it's almost time for the next thing on the schedule but I wanted to tell you more.
I love you all! Have a great day!
Sister Walker
PS My watch broke and they don't sell them in the bookstore. Can you send me another one please?
No comments:
Post a Comment