Friday, May 18, 2012

First P Day Email In MTC


Hello Family!

So it's day three at the MTC for me and my first P-day! But I will start at the beginning for you :]

Day 1- Arriving at the MTC

Last you saw me, I was being led away by two Elders. They were friendly and tried to cheer me up after seeing me cry saying good bye to you all. They were pretty good about it too. They made me laugh and I did feel welcomed and like Dad said, as soon as I left the Parking Lot the MTC began to feel like home. I was whisked to the Sister's Dorms (building 17M) and a Sister Missionary came and became my tour guide. She is the only Sister going to Brazil that is currently here, kind of cool huh? Her name is Sister Edwards I think, I am not sure though because I met so many new people right away that all the names kind of jumbled together. She took me up to my room (#469) where I saw all but one bed was full, we dropped my luggage and then began a tour/ route to get my badge! We went into a room where my guide left me and some nice older ladies started to help me. One checked me off a list and told me that I needed to "Go talk to Debby." A lady with a big sign that said "Debby" was in a corner away from everyone else and no other missionaries around were talking to her, except one girl who looked confused. I was a little nervous.
Turns out I didn't need to be nervous. Debby is the person in charge of Solo Sisters, Sisters without companions in their class. I was the only girl to test into the advanced German class so I am a Solo. Kind of ironic because the thing I was most excited about the MTC for was to meet my companion! But it turned out fine. After getting all my books I went and met my class. There are 4 Elders, all going to a German Mission. My Class Companions are Elder Buff and Elder Norman, both going to Berlin! We will be together at the MTC and presumably fly out together! How fun that I get to meet missionaries now that will be in my mission! They are very nice boys and both good German Speakers. Elder Buff is also our District Leader. My class is paired with another class to form our District and the other class is the International Missionary class. There are missionaries from Hong Kong, another part of China I forgot, Bejing, Samoa, Tonga, Zimbabwe, Brazil and one sister who is the only person to test into an advanced Japanese class from California. There are some activities that I need a Sister Companion for and the one I was assigned to is in this other class. Her name is Sister Li and is from Hong Kong. She is going to the Oakland, CA Temple Visitor's Center Cantonese speaking (so are 3 other girls from this class) and she can speak Manderin, Cantonese and English. She is so fun! We are together whenever we can be and always enjoy it!
We had a welcome meeting after class and all 328 new missionaries were welcomed by the MTC presidency. It was a good meeting and there was a part where the President said the countries and states where people came from and they stood up to show how many were from where. We have people from all over the world including India! Awesome, there was at least 60 languages spoken in that room. How amazing is that that the Gospel has reached so far! Utah had the most missionaries of course but California was close! My favorite part of this meeting was all of us singing the Primary song "We Are As The Army of Heleman" but they changed the words to "And we are know the Lord's Missionaries to bring the World His truth." That made me tear up a little. How special. I am now a missionary!! Berliners better prepare to all get wet soon! Hehe :]
Don't really remember much else of the day except unpacking and not being able to sleep for all the alarm clocks ticking. And Also someone burnt popcorn so the fire alarm went off and we had to evacuate.

Day 2-
There is a special Gym time just for Sisters every day but Sunday at 6am. The girls in my District in my Room decided to go. So Sister Li and I and also Sister Fritas (from Brazil going to New Jersey) and Sister Julander (from CA to Japan) all went to Yoga at 6am. I thought waking up would be hard since I like to sleep in but it wasn't today! There were classes today and a District Gym time also. Classes were fun, getting lost on MTC campus with the gilrs listed above was a little more fun though :] The food here is actually pretty good. That surprized me because everyone said they hated it. I like the MTC :] We also had a District Meeting today where we had to stand up and say why we are on a mission and bear our testimony. That was very touching. After the meeting I was walking to class and I saw Jessica Scott! It was so fun! I know I've only been here a few days but I was so happy to see someone I knew.

Day 3-
I'm almost out of my time so I will skip to today! Today is my first P-Day and it started off by going to the Temple! It was so great to be there with my companion and talk at the end about how excited we are to bring more people there. I hope that I will be a good missionary. I will work hard. I also have seen a few people from my Provo Ward even at the ZTemple!

Time to go now but know that I love you all and miss you but I will see you soon!

Love you!
~Sister Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment