Saturday, June 2, 2012

MTC Letter #3 part 2

Hello Family!
I hope everyone is doing well!  Thanks for the Dear Elders and the cinnomon rolls!  I will miss getting letters and treats from you so often.  But do hope letters still come when I'm in Germany!  I wanted to send these things home so maybe Mom can get my mission memory book started and add these.
The pictures:
The MTC stopped printing small pictures so this was the only size able to be printed.  One is of my whole district when we matched going to the Temple together (all wearing blue!) starting on the left:
Elder Gungunyany-(cut off) from Zimbabwe going to Alabama, Elder Williamson from England going to Frankfurt, Germany, Elder Merkley from Glendora going to Alpine, Germany, me, sister Li from Hong Kong going to Oakland Temple VC,
Back row:  Sister Biolena from Phillipeans going to New Jersey, Sister Lavea from New Zealand going to Oakland Temple VC
In Front: Sis Stout from Bejing, China going to Ca Oakland Temple VC, Sis Lau from Hong Kong going to Oakland Temple VC,  Sister Dorneles from Brazil going to New Jersey, Sis Julander from Santa Clara going to Tokyo, Elder Norman from Utah going to Berlin Germany, Elder Duff (District Leader and only his hand and foot showing) from Idaho going to Berlin.
I will send a picture normal sized and with no one cut off as soon as I can.
The next picture and 1st drawing (by Sis Li) is of just the girls (and E. Gungunyany jumped in the picture.) left to right: Lao, Stout, Biolena, me, Li (top) Lavea, Julander, Dorneles.


I feel very non-international in this group.  When I blush and turn red the Asians think it is so cool and they call me Sis. Lobster.  This past week a new girl was added to us as well.  Her name is sister Kiyotani from Japan going to Ca Ventura but sadly I don't have any printed pictures of her.
Kiyotani is in our 2nd drawing (I think I told yo about her, she is new and is now our 5th roommate so no more Italian & Phillipino. Sis Dorneles was having a difficult time remembering the 1st vision in English and was working very hard on it for 3 days.  When She finally got it, she said everything in that manner.  "I saw a plate of food upon my tray..."  "I saw a grey hair exactly on my head..." and one night she was scared of the bunk bed falling on her so she started saying what is on picture #2!  I helped her finish it and S. Li drew the picture!  I love my roommates!  We laugh so much!
Tomorrow is P-day so I'll write you an email then.  sorry if you expected an email on Friday.  I was in In-Field Training all day (for 13 hours!) It was very fun!  I'm really leaving the MTC! Jaron Murphy & Michael White were teachers and I also saw Tyler White.  I didn't know any of them worked here. It was fun to see them!
Tell Trey to practice a piano piece or a song to perform at a MTC devotional.  One of my favorite parts of the firesides are the musical #'s.  I wanted to audition but it didn't work out.  But this last time a boy played a really pretty "if you could Hie to Kolob" piano solo.  i think Trey could do something!
I'm glad Jess is able to talk to you guys.  yes, I dislocated my shoulder again.  Remember how I was nervous about waking up at 6:30 am? Well, I didn't have to worry about that because my district is special and we had to try a new exercise program at 6 am which meant I had to wake up everyday at 5:30!!  Most of the work out was push-ups.  So one morning "POP" out came my shoulder. Stupid work out. But now I can sleep in to 6:30!  (how ssad is it that 6:30 is sleeping in?)
I love you all!
Sister Walker
PS  Here is a Book of Mormon to help you learn German!  I was getting my compy engraved and needed a substitute copy to use & study so I bought this one (&to let you  know what I wrote my not be grammatically correct, but I tried)

No comments:

Post a Comment