Hello Family!
I was a little upset to hear that you didn't get Part 1 of my last email, I tried to send it again a couple times with and without the picture attachments. Hopefully it worked this time. It was a lot longer than part 2 so maybe it had too much information on it. I'll try to remember to keep emails shorter and send pictures seperately. If you don't get this email today I will be very angry. It was quite an adventure to get to a computer today and I would not enjoy learning it was all for nothing. Normally we use the Branch President's computer at the church building, but we discovered that it had a virus (maybe another reason it only send part 2?) so we couldn't use it today. So we spent an hour and a half looking for an internet cafe to use in the city, all were closed except one in a Casino that we decided not to use. Then I had the idea to see if we could use the Library's computers and it took another half hour to find the Library! I hope you get the emails. I've been looking forward to read yours all week. And I'm glad my President told you my home address, I forgot to do that in my last email.
At the beginning of my email I would like to appologize for any missspellings or incorrect wordings in this email, my English is already starting to suffer from German which I guess is a good thing but it is funny. Hope you can understand. Also, misspellings may be typos, the German keyboard is different than the English one.
Dad, I'm glad your hands are doing better! That is weird that the peppers hurt you so much. (Little German tidbit here, how you say 'pepper' in German is 'paprika.' I was so confused by that) Maybe you should wear gloves when making salsa next time. And maybe send me some, there is nothing spicy here. You don't really have to send me some, but maybe a picture of you all eating some would be good. :] I hope Pa appreciated the struggle you went through to make it. And Happy Father's day!! I'm glad you were able to visit your Dad, say Hi to Gram and Pa for me. I was thinking about you. People here ask about my Teddy-Bear necklace a lot, (it's at their eye-level. Germans are short) so I get to tell them it was a present from my Dad and Mom so I remember that they love me. I hope work is going well and that you are not too stressed out. The 3rd verse of O God the Eternal Father is my favorite verse, I'm glad that it touched you so. Music is one of my favorite tools to use becasue it invites the Spirit so fast. One of my favorite investigators, Margaritte, is a 92 year old German Lady, who's baptism date is July 30th (!!!), loves it when we sing to her. She started crying when Sister F�er and I sang "Komm du Quelle" (Come Thou Fount) and said she could feel God's love through our voices. Fun story about her, she is nervous to come to church since she doesn't know anyone and the bulding is new so we took her on a church tour with one of the Members to get her more comfortable and we taught her the 1st vision in the chappel. Sister F�er is a piano performance major so she played a beautiful arraingment of Joseph's first prayer and Margaritte was humming along! She knew it already although it was the first time that she heard it. After she said that she will learn the words to her favorite song. Kind of cool.
Mom, yay for a new fire hydrant! hopefully no drunk drivers will run into this one. And my hair is frizzy with all the humidity and the rain everyday but I'm trying to learn how to do it. I wish it was longer for a ponytail or a bun. But that will come soon. Thanks for your story about Daniel and his 3 fereinds, I will definately read up on that. And don't worry, I will not waste a minute of my mission, one month is already gone! Lots to do in the 17 left. We already have almost more appointments that we have time for here and 9 people with baptism dates! The two soonest are together, July 1st. Their names are Thomas (teaching him in English) and Andreas (German). Both had such different roads to the Gospel but now both are here and progressing and are making this big choice, hopefully they have the courage and determination to do it.
I have more to say but my library time is up, hopefully next week the church's computer is fixed so I have more time. I'll write a letter too. Thank you for zour emails. I love printing them and rereading them when I get homesick or lonely or miss you. Trey, congrats on making it home. Try out for an MTC number!! Fingers crossed my letter is still there too, Kaden, don't be too worried about your future wife but I wish yoou two all the best ;P hehehe. Cam and Cole, have a fun summer! One of the people we are teaching is a boy about 12 years old and I think you three would be friends. He makes me think of you two.
Miss you all and love you lots!
-Sister Walker
PS Spiritual thought- from the play Les Miserables and a few scriptures- "to love another is to see the face of God" The more I serve these people and love them, the more I see God in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment