Saturday, June 2, 2012

MTC Letter #3

Hello family!
I apologize if you were expecting my email on Friday. I was in a 13 hour long class on Friday so I couldn't write it. Why did they change my P-Day for a 13 hour long class do you ask? Because it was In-Field Orientation!! WOO-HOO! It was a huge long class broken into about 5 sessions so we weren't sitting in the same place for forever, which was nice. The focus was on how to contact people and how to use Ward Members to help the Missionary Effort. It was really interesting and I learned a lot. My favorite class was about the impact we have through our actions and not just our words. The example they started us off with was the 3 teenage boys carrying all the Martin Handcart Company across the Sweet Water River. This story always makes me cry. I just love it. Those boys had to show so much faith in accepting B. You8ng's call for a rescue party and even more to forge the river all those times. Stories like that and also a picture in the main building of people being baptized in a frozen lake in Russia and other stories of faith make me question if mine is strong enough. Would I have the faith to do what is needed in those hard times? Would I cross the plains, forge the frozen river, be baptized in a frozen lake? Or would I wait till it was easy to be faithful? I hope I am able to stay true even in trials, and I think I can, but I have been focusing my personal studies on learning more about faith and testimonies so I can build up mine. You can never have too much faith after all :]

Some cool things about In-Field Orientation: Jaron Murphy and Michael White were two of the teachers! They were so good. Michael was one of my teachers and he did a very good job, I only spoke with Jaron a little and saw him teaach his class and you could tell he was a good teacher too. Also, I saw Tyler White! He is a teacher for an English speaking district right now which is so fun! I didn't know he worked here so the little family reunion yesterday was tons of fun! That's 4 cousins I've seen here :] I love it. Also something fun is that 3 of the teachers were missionaries form the "District" videos! (When Trey gets home, wat h them with him (he'll need to sign in) They are used in our lessons here too. I met Elders Christensen, Murry, and Bott. Like MTC celebrities!

I hope Jess' call about my shoulder didn't worry you. I was trying to give you a heads up in case you get a letter from the health clinic or hospital. It's doing fine now and is kind of a lame story how it was dislocated, but here it is:

Remeber how I was nervous and not excited about waking up at 6:30 every morning? Well, lucky for me, I didn't have to wake up then! Oh no. My district is special so we are also doing a Pilot work out program that makes us get up at 5:30 every morning. Yeah. FiVE THIRTY!!! And the best part is the work out is 90% push ups. With no motifications for those with physical limitations. So most days I just kind of sat there stretching since I'm not supposed to do push-ups. Well, on Tuesday I got bored just sitting there adn feeling bad that I wasn't participationg and feeling wakking up so early is a waste of sleep time since i'm not exercising so i started to do the work out. about half way through my first set, out popped the shoulder! Then I spent the day in the ER getting x-rays and all that fun stuff. Great way to spend a day... But I did learn that obedience in all things means the Doctor's orders too. It's doing a lot better now. I can move it which is good! The Elders were very nice and helpful carrying everything for me.

Wedensday was fun becasue I was a Host Missionary for the new incoming Sister Missionaries! It was so fun to feel experienced here and show them around! I even helped one of my friends from Freshman Hall that I didn't know was comingon a mission! So much fun! I have loved the MTC and will miss it a little but not enough to want to stay longer! 3 Weeks is enough for me :]

Thursday I was really sick. I figure it was becasue of the pain meds the doctor gave me. I was dizzy and nauseous and couldnt move my arm or neck which scared me. I kind of blacked out-ish in class so my teacher and my Elder companions got my sister companion to take me back to our room where I did pass out. She tucked me in bed and i didn't move for a long time. Then after I woke up the Elders gave me a blessing and I'm doing so much better! My shoulder is now healing faster than expected- i'm out of my sling after only being in it 2 days!! and my fever is gone, and I can move all my muscles! Party for being healthy! I still think it was the medicine mostly so I flushed it all.

Saturday (today) is my preperation day. If you all are free to Temple stalk, my district is planning on going around 1:30-2ish... Just saying since you're in town... But that may be a bad idea since saying good bye agian would be hard. But I'm glad you all are in Utah today so I feel a little closer! Have fun at Temple Square! if you eat in the Nauvoo Cafe, eat a chocolate muffin for me :] Something else fun that has happened today is I saw James! it was strange that we could only shake hands but it was good to see him :] I'm going to miss seeing people I know when I am in Germany, but I guess that means I'll just have to make lots of friends there!

Mom- no I have not gotten a letter from Gerry. I hope she feels better soon and I will keep her in my prayers. Tell her I say hi!
Dad- Thanks for your email. Once again you made me cry. I have been thinking all week the same thing as you, "this time next week I'll be in Germany!' I'm so excited to share God's love with them! Most of Berlin is Atheist so I'll need His help a lot, but I know we can do it! Here in the MTC my "investigators" are doing well, two of them have "baptismal dates!" I was so excited when the role players said yes I can only imagine the feeling when real investigators accept the Gospel and start their journy on the straight and narrow path! How happy the day will be when that happens!!

I love you all and miss you but I will see you in 75 weeks! Hehe. I have a calling card to call you from the airport so expect a call sometime around 9-10am Utah time on Tuesday. I don't know when exactly but sometime before 11 becasue that's when my plane leaves! (about the time)

Love- Sister Walker
PS- Trey, I hid a note for you in the MTC see if you can find it! There is a place in 1M (the main building) that the same Jesus and Joseph Smith pictures that we have in our living room are right next to eachother. Look behind Jesus. These pictures are all over the MTC but the only place they're together is in 1M. Fingers crossed it stays till September! :] Love you T!

PPS- I hate time limits... there's more I want to say but time is out. love you! Tell Lyss and Jared and Paige and Taylee hi for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment