Just a warning, I did not manage my email time super wisely today so this email may be a little short. Normally I email y'all first then my friends with the time I have left but today I switched it and now don't have too much time. Sorry.
So this week had two big sunshine moments- the first one was this weekend my Stake had an activity with the youth and the missionaries together. The youth ages 16-18 got together on Friday at the Temple and spent the whole day doing Temple work and learning about Missionary work. Then on Saturday, a few missionaries int he Stake (Sister Neukomm and I were one of the companionships there, 3 Sister Companionships and 4 Elders) we went on Splits with the youth!
So this week had two big sunshine moments- the first one was this weekend my Stake had an activity with the youth and the missionaries together. The youth ages 16-18 got together on Friday at the Temple and spent the whole day doing Temple work and learning about Missionary work. Then on Saturday, a few missionaries int he Stake (Sister Neukomm and I were one of the companionships there, 3 Sister Companionships and 4 Elders) we went on Splits with the youth!
Friday night Sister Neukomm and I took a train to Dresden and had a sleep over with the Dresden Sisters so that we could get to Freiberg for the activity early enough on Saturday. Guess who is in Dresden? Sister Faerber!! It was so fun to see her again! We made inside out apple pie for dinner and talked and partied. Then we had to get up at 4am to catch our train. Upon going outside we saw that it had snowed. SNOW!! (song from "My turn on Earth" I'm not readyyyyyyy I don't want it to snow....) ((Lyss I hope you get the song if no one else does)) When we got off the train in Freiberg at 5 something there were already 4 inches and still falling.
Second Sunshine moment was Michael received the Holy Ghost! It was such a sweet spirit that filled the chapel on Sunday. He was touched and was very thoughtful the whole 3 hours. In our Gospel Principles class he bore his testimony and was quoting out of the scriptures! He is truly prepared and I feel it was a great blessing to teach him. Now to find others like him and help them come closer to our Heavenly Father.
Another sunshine moment was Chi-Yu came to church! That was wonderful to see him again and to make out a new appointment with him again.
The first picture of me and Sister neukomm is when we switched hair styles for District meeting to see if the >ELders would notice. A few did. One asked me if I did something different with my hair. I said no and he said, oh maybe I'm wrong. hehehe Oh Elders. It's so great to have District meeting every week. We get to help eachother and give new ideas on how to find and teach. Everyone helps with the work, it's so cool to see that.
Another sunshine moment was Chi-Yu came to church! That was wonderful to see him again and to make out a new appointment with him again.
The first picture of me and Sister neukomm is when we switched hair styles for District meeting to see if the >ELders would notice. A few did. One asked me if I did something different with my hair. I said no and he said, oh maybe I'm wrong. hehehe Oh Elders. It's so great to have District meeting every week. We get to help eachother and give new ideas on how to find and teach. Everyone helps with the work, it's so cool to see that.
I hope you all have a wonderful week and stay warm and healthy. I love you all!
Love Sister Walker
No comments:
Post a Comment