Monday, October 22, 2012

I Hate Satan

Hello family! 

In case you forgot, Satan is real and he is a very bad man. He and his angels hate us and will do anything they can to make us as horribly miserable as they are. They try different ways with each person to destroy them, so we really need to pay attention because it is not always easy to know at first when it is a bad influence. Thank goodness for the Holy Ghost who helps us recognise what is true and what is not. 

So to talk about a Sunshine Moment of this week, yesterday was Michael's baptism! It was wonderful to have helped in a little way one of our brothers make his first covenant with our Heavenly Father. Some events the week before are what lead me to have the subject I do and the opening statement. This whole week there has been the influence of Satan in many different ways trying to keep Michael from the waters of baptism. Here are a few of the big ones
1- Tuesday- We had a lesson with Michael today and he was invitied by friends to go to a party. He is 22 years old and has lots of friends. It was a difficult choice really, go with friends or meet with the Sisters to talk about Christ. His friends didn't understand why he chose to meet with us and kept pressuring him to leave us and go to the party where bad things were happening. He was able to stand up for his new standards and told his friends that his baptism and relationship to God was more important that his relationship to his friends. Way to go Michael!! 
2- Wednesday/Thursday - In "Preach m Gospel" it says to plan the Baptism with the Ward Mission Leader and the person to be baptized. Our WML is in America so we just did it with us and Michael. It was a great plan. On Wednesday night at Ward Council Meeting the Bishop said that he also planned the baptism. By himself. Of course the 2 plans didn't match. This was to be the first baptism in a few years in our ward and the bishop made it all about the ward. He didn't care about what Michael wanted, just the Ward. He denied everything but the song choices. He would not listen to reason that it was Michael's baptism and Michael should have a say and that caused a lot of contention. (which is of the Devil in case you forgot) It got to the point that I was in tears and he was yelling at us that we didn't love the ward and didn't know how to do our job. Michael was not happy after we told him because the bishop flat out said that he would not allow the Elder from Leipzig to baptize him. Not good. I made cookies the next morning and Sister Neukomm and I went over to apologize if we had overstepped bounds (which the only we could think of was not talking to the WML who is in America) and we were able to fix the relationship with the Bishop a little. Still none of Michael's plans or wishes went through. We were able to talk to Michael about the importance of the covenant not who says the prayer and he accepted that and was OK with it. Way to go Michael!! 
3- Saturday- Probably the biggest push of Satan to stop Michael's baptism was Saturday. We had a little baptism party Saturday night so Michael could get to know some ward members a little better. We also had another Chi-Yu there and a Less Active member came. It started off well by making pizza and watching the ""Restoration" video. Then we started a little testimony meeting before the games were to start. It was all going well until one member that we had used for Joint Teaches with Michael, who a connection of trust and help had been made, started talking. She was possessed by a devil. I'm not exaggerating. I have never seen anything like that before and I don't exactly understand it. EVERYTHING SHE SAID IS WRONG. She started making prophecies and declared that the 'Powerful Spirit' had visited her and bestowed power on her to be the leader of the church. She denounced President Monson and even said that Christ no longer led the church. (FALSE!) I tired to stop her, 2 members tried to stop her but she could not be stopped. She was practically yelling over us about how we would all be damned and burn if we didn't listen to what she was saying. It was horrible. There was such a bad feeling in the room, it was horrible. The Less Active member was really concerned and left to call the bishop and his councilors. One of the councilors came and tried to calm her down but had to take her out of the room. There were so many other crazy things that she said, all COMPLETLY WRONG. I can't really even write some of the things she said. Luckily she eventually calmed down and just laughing shaking her head  CREEPY!!! 
 Looking back now I can kind of laugh a little, especially her prophesy over me that I am 'not of this world' and am come here to enrapture people's minds and am only an impersonation of a person. Yeah. After everything was over, we were able to still play a few games while she went to talk privately to the councilor in the bishopric. When we talked to Michael about it he said he knew what she said was totally wrong and that he thought it was all funny. Chi-Yu, however, was really bothered and has not wanted to talk to us anymore. I hate Satan. Bitter sweet, Michael was wonderful and his testimony was strengthened by recognizing the Holy Ghost telling him this lady was wrong.


 Oh the excitement of baptisms! Next week he will recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost! The Elders from Leipzig as well as the Married couple who are in charge of institure were able to come. Even though the Elder did not baptize him, everyone knows that the most important is the covenant and life changing step Michael took. Everything worked out though. The relationship with the Bishop is back to normal now, the Spirit was felt at the baptism, and we had other wonderful lessons and experiences this week. Including getting two new investigators! We were able to meet with Michael's mother too and she is a very nice lady. She sadly did not come to the baptism but hopefully to the gift of the Holy Ghost. She is proud that her son is making good changes in his life. 

Now a happy thought! I love prayer. I have been struggling a little lately and asked for a priesthood blessing a bit ago. Something in the blessing really helped me this week. I was counciled to pray untill I felt peace and to pray until I felt excitement. I have spoken quite long prayers this week until Ifelt answered and that has been a testimony builder that Heavenly Father really does hear and answer prayers. I have felt love and peace and reasurance and happiness through prayer. All these feelings really are from the Spirit and help us get back to Heavenly Father. He loves us and want us to come back to him. 

Did you know there are Pyramids in Cottbus? Well, there are! Made like the pyramids in Egypt and are even the tomb of the man who made them. Pretty cool huh? The are in a huge and gorgeous park! Y'all should come and visit! How about after my mission we take a family tour of Germany and then end with a tour of Italy and picking up Trey? I like this idea :]


Thank you for all your prayers. And yes Mom, I did get the other two packages. Thank you for them and the Halloween candy was a real treat! It was fun to read that Cole talked to someone from Bremen! I've been there! I laughed when I read about Kaden and the football game! And Cam, you'll have to teach me some of your mad archery skills when I get back! I love you all and I hope you have a great week! 

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true and nothing will or can change that. President Thomas S Monson is the Lord's Prophet and Leads the Church today. The Book of Mormon is true and I know this because I have read it and prayed about it. 

I love you all and pray for you all! 

Love from, Sister Walker 

No comments:

Post a Comment