Hello Family!
Something made me laugh while reading Trey's letter. He said " I just felt so stressed and whatnot, I thought I was gonna pop a blood vessel in my head or something." Well, funny thing is that happened to me this week. K, maybe that's not funny. It was in my eye. On one side of the Iris was white, then the blue Iris, then all red. It looked kind of creepy. I was told not to stress and it would go away. Great advice.The biggest Sunshine Moment for me this week was Schwester Münch came to our Aufbau Sunday School Class! (Schwester Münch is one of my very favorite people here in Cottbus. She is a Less Active who know the Gospel i true, he jut doesn't know that she knows. I always learn something from her at every appointment and I invited her to come visit California. So You may get to meet her!) We had a lesson with her on Friday and that was the commitment we gave her, she said she would think about it, then she came! (A few minutes late so that the rest of the Ward would already be in the big Sunday School Class, but it's a good start! :] )
But the best part was on Sunday night when she called me. Before she called, I had just told Elder Taylor (the District Leader) our numbers and was a little dissappointed at the zeros we had, and was thinking of what I should have done better for Sister Neukomm. I was trying to get over my not so happy thoughts and feelings by reading in the Book of Mormon when I read 1 Nephi 21:4-5 "(4)Then I said, I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for naught and in vain; surely my judgment is with the Lord, and my work with my God. (5)... though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength." This scripture came into my heart and I was able to say, I did my best this week. I can be happy with that. Then Schwester Münch called and said "Sister Walker, I just wanted to tell you after our lesson on Friday, I felt so good. Then in our Sunday School lesson I felt it again. I just felt so good." Then I told her that that was the Spirit speaking to her heart telling her what we said was true. She paused and said again, "I feel good." After we hung up I was just so happy that she felt the Spirit I got on my knees and said a prayer of thanks.
I was grateful for the chance to see some work go forward with Schwester Münch. I still need to work on feeling succesful even when not seeing. That is my goal this week. To not need reccognition of what I do and not need to see results to feel successful
This week was a little hard with Sister Neukomm for me. She is just ready to go home I feel like she has given up. During Companionship Inventory she complained that I expect too much from her while doing nothing myself. That was great hearing from her that I don't do anything. I really wanted to just start listing off everything that I do for her that she doesn't notice but then I realized that was me being prideful and selfish. It till hurt my feeling what she said but I don't know really how to fix it. So I will just continue on, doing what I need to do and not expecting anyone to say thank you or good job. Probably what a parent feels like. Well, Thank you Mom and Dad and Good Job! I'll be honest, I'm a little scared what for a companion I will get next. If one prepares you for the next, I don't really want to know what comes next right now... Positive thoughts!! :]
We had our English Class on Thursday and taughtthe Word of Widom. That was fun! The students who are all nonmembers actually put alcohol and tobacco in the bad coloumn without our help! That is amazing considering we're in Germany :] Only thing wrong was coffee was put on the good side :] hehe
I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you :]
Liebe Grüße,
Sister Walker
PS- My camera broke so I don't really have pictures. Just the door holding the batteries won't close so I'll have to tape it or something, just haven't gotten around to it yet.
PPS- Can you send me a picture of my Baptism please? Thank you!
One more funny story about this week. Here in East Germany almost everyone is a self proclaimed Athiest. Normally I don't really have a responce when they say that to me before they walk away or slam the door but this week I've been saying. "Well, I know that God lives and that He loves you." Then the majority just look at me a little confused and then many have taken a Book of Mormon or have listened longer after that! Made me smile :]
I know that God lives and He loves you too!
I know that God lives and He loves you too!
I love you too!
love,
Sister Walker
No comments:
Post a Comment