Monday, January 28, 2013

Hello Family


Hello Family!


So, because Mom was welcoming of the idea of Schwester Münch visiting, I invited another member and her husband. It is Sch. and Br. Dittrich, the parents of Sister Kosak. They are the ones who on my first pday here took us to Spreewald for the kayaking and pickles and on New Years we were with them as well. They are flying to Salt Lake on May 24th, then will go to Las Vegas, and then Sch Dittrich said they are thinking of going to Los Angeles after. I said that my family would be happy  to help them and show them around a little!  they should be in LA around May 30th or 31st for a few days. I thought a few ideas if you wouldn't mind would be Olivera Street, Santa Monica Pier, Downtown Disney, the battleship you have a year pass for, and the LA Temple. Just if you want :] 

Sister Dittrich's email address is barbdi@gmx.de . She speaks English very well, Brother Dittrich too. And fun story about her, she's in a book that President Monson wrote. "Faith Rewarded" is the book and she's on page 70 and 71. She got permission to leve the DDR to come to America for surgery. President Nelson opperated on her heart and President Monson gave her a blessing. They spelled her name Dietrich, but she just laughs at that. It would be nice to send her an email. And sorry I keep inviting people. I've just come to love these people so much, I want to you all to meet them too!

Anyway, time to stop being a Travel Agent and start being a missionary again. A funny thing happened this week for us. It made me laugh. We have tried something new from council we received at Zone Training and have been asking Members to choose a street for us to Klingle when they say they have no referrals for us. We went to the Family Grünewald's for our eating appointment and asked them to pray for a street for us to go to. When we called and got the street, we asked them to pray for us as we go there. They chose Finsterwalder Strasse. While doing doors we saw the name "Kosak" and were really excited. How fun would it be to have another family Kosak in the Cottbus Ward?! We started picturing this family Kosak in white at the baptism before we even pushed the doorbell! No one answered when we did push. After doing the other doors we went back, hoping they had come home. But still no answer. But we did teach a lesson on the street, gave out cards, and found and recorded 5 people who already had the Book of Mormon. We made a comment about the future 2nd Family Kosak members of the Ward while meeting with our Ward Mission Leader, and he and his wife just smiled and laughed a little then told us we had found President Kosak's house. :]

I was again very grateful for the topic of the mission's studying the Book of Mormon this week, focusing on the Holy Ghost. I have been able to recognise the Holy Ghost and His influence on me more. This week He prompted me to do something that made no sense to me at all, but when I did it I saw that it was important in helping Sister Neukomm. Because I followed His promptings, we were able to work out some little problems Sister Neukomm had before they got too big. Heavenly Father knows and loves her that He told me when I needed to do something I thought was a little silly. Sister Neukomm was very surprised that I was propmted how I was and she could feel the love of Father in Heaven that He cares even about the little things.
I have some pictures to show you this week! They are from last PDay when we went to Görlitz and with the Bauman's and the Elders did a walk to "Heiliges Grab." This is a pilgrimage walk that is supposed to be the exact same distance and geogrophical features of Jesus' walk from Pilate's palace to Golgotha. Someone in the 1500 from Görlitz went to Jeruselem and came back and made this walk and recreated a chapel that stood in Jeruselem over the spot the cross was supposed to be. This chapel in my picture is it. 

Then there is a recreation of the grave with an Angel proclaiming "He is not there, but is risen!" It was very neat to see this. When I went into the Grave and saw the empty bed I wanted to sing "He is Risen!" This Bread of Life bakery is supposed to mark the spot where Christ stumbled and Simon took the cross.
Thank you Dad for your insight about ending with a period, ellipses, or exclamation point! These next 2 weeks will end with an exclamation! And in 9 months, my mission will end with one too. But let's not talk about that. It's weird that my half way mark is almost here. Changing topics.
Your Utah trip looks and sounds like it was so fun! I'm a little sad I can't go with you right now so thank you for your pictures and videos! Drive home safely! Slow and steady wins the race. Sister Neukomm could not believe how big the van is. She liked that picture. And We both fell in love with Eli! So cute! What a fun time to play with both sides of family! Hope you told them all hi for me :]
Have a wonderful week this week! We are going to the Temple again! That is my favorite District Outing :] I would be OK if I never left Cottbus because that means I will get to visit the Temple my whole mission, there are only 3 Sister areas that are allowed to visit the Temple. How lucky are we!
I love you all!

Love, 
Sister Walker
PS- Tell Trey that he is not useless in Italy just becasue he doesn't get to talk too much. Sometimes the still small voice is the loudest. My advice would be 1-stand up when he wants to say something to get attention or 2- just talk in a whisper until the people stop talking and listen. He's doing a great job! Tell him I love him :] 

No comments:

Post a Comment