To be perfectly honest, this week I have been worn out and it was a bit of a struggle for me to be happy. I don't know why really. I think I have just been sad and discouraged more than normal when people say no. My heart hurts for them and sometimes I just don't want to hear "nein, danke" or "kein Interesse" anymore. I was not so good at my goal to be better at rejoicing evermore this week, but Sister Neukomm was a great help there. She would start naming some happy things or some small miracles like "there is still a flower on this plant to enjoy" or "you remembered to wear a hat today" and then the other reasons to rejoice were easier to find. I was very grateful for Sister Neukomm this week. I will try even better next week.
One Sunshine Moment this week was we tried to keep track of how many people we talked to and how many cards we passed out. When we are to be the ones planting the Seeds in Cottbus, we want to keep track and records of where we plant so future Missionaries can have a good Harvest. This past week our numbers were (they probably are not 100% accurate, but are close) 83 people spoken to that responded to us and about 650 cards, pamphlets, and chumming brochures placed in mailboxes. We have been doing all we can do to hand out all the pass-a-long cards and pamphlets that are stamped with our phone number before we change numbers. That's a pretty good amount of seeds right there. I don't know why I was so disappointed. We are asking for miracles to come from our efforts and I know in the Lord's time, not Sister Walker's time, Cottbus will have a good Harvest as well. Just have to keep reminding myself of that.
One other Sunshine Moment happened on Tuesday. Monday Night we had planned something but on Tuesday I felt like we needed to change plans and try to visit our Neu Bekehrt Michael Horn in Lübbenau. I did not feel good until I told Sister Neukomm and we changed our plans. It didn't really make since to go there but we prayed and agreed we needed to go. Michael did not answer his phone but we still went and he was home! It turns out he really needed some help and it was a blessing for him that we went. On the way we also ran into one of our Young Women and were able to have a nice talk with her! The whisperings of the Spirit are always right even when they don't make since to us.
One Sunshine Moment this week was we tried to keep track of how many people we talked to and how many cards we passed out. When we are to be the ones planting the Seeds in Cottbus, we want to keep track and records of where we plant so future Missionaries can have a good Harvest. This past week our numbers were (they probably are not 100% accurate, but are close) 83 people spoken to that responded to us and about 650 cards, pamphlets, and chumming brochures placed in mailboxes. We have been doing all we can do to hand out all the pass-a-long cards and pamphlets that are stamped with our phone number before we change numbers. That's a pretty good amount of seeds right there. I don't know why I was so disappointed. We are asking for miracles to come from our efforts and I know in the Lord's time, not Sister Walker's time, Cottbus will have a good Harvest as well. Just have to keep reminding myself of that.
One other Sunshine Moment happened on Tuesday. Monday Night we had planned something but on Tuesday I felt like we needed to change plans and try to visit our Neu Bekehrt Michael Horn in Lübbenau. I did not feel good until I told Sister Neukomm and we changed our plans. It didn't really make since to go there but we prayed and agreed we needed to go. Michael did not answer his phone but we still went and he was home! It turns out he really needed some help and it was a blessing for him that we went. On the way we also ran into one of our Young Women and were able to have a nice talk with her! The whisperings of the Spirit are always right even when they don't make since to us.
One of the pictures is of a statue in an old German graveyard we saw while walking to the train station from Michael's house. By "Old German Graveyard" I mean 80 years old. You need to pay every 20 years here to keep a plot so normally people don't stay in the same spot for very long, they normally move the bodies to a mass grave after 20 or 40 years. Kind of strange for us, but for Europe it's normal. SOme countries you have to pay more often than 20 years even.
Another picture is of a snack Sister Neukomm made me when I was having an especially sad day. That made me feel better and that we switched places because normally I do that for her. It was a little humbling and a good reminder to keep trying.
The last picture is of us modeling presents we got from members. I'm wearing Sister Neukomm's blue jacket to match a hat Schwester Schult knitted for us (matching hats) and Sister Neukomm is wearing a fashion scarf Schwester Lehnig gave to us (also matching scarves). We feel very stylish with help from our Ward! I forgot to take a picture of it, but another Sister, Schwester Radewagen, gave us sweaters. Mine is mint green with a knitted V-neck. :]
It was fun to see your fun pictures and hear about the indoor sky diving, I am excited to try that! Mom, your pictures all worked and it was fun introducing Sister Neukomm to our TV room. Her reaction was "That is a giant couch! Are all American couches so big?!"
Gram and Pa, I got your Christmas card in the mail and I love it! Thank you for sending it! It's fun to see the whole family, I hardly recognised a few people. Everyone is getting so big.
Kaden, Cameron, and Cole, I love you all and am very greatful for you all. Keep on being good boys and help Mom and Dad and eachother. Be eachother's friends. I heard (read) that you asked for "Preach My Gospel" for Christmas! That made me so proud of you boys! Keep building your testimonies and you will be strong enough to overcome any trial.
Alyssa, I also got your package with the CDs and your card, thank you! I was dying for new music! "I, Nephi" is my favorite and I decided when I come back home I want to put on an "I, Nephi" Musical for the Ward as a Missionary Opprotunity. That will be cool, don't you think? Just need permission and the sheet music and then we're halfway there! Sister Neukomm's favorite is "Saturday's Warrior" Especially the "Jimmy oh Jimmy don't listen to them..." song. Thank you again!
Mom and Dad, thank you for your wonderful examples and Dad it does help me to know that you love eachother. It makes it easier to talk about Forever Families when I can see my family does love eachother enough to be together forever.
Have a wonderful week! Bis nächste Woche!
Liebe Grüße,
Sister Walker
No comments:
Post a Comment