Hello Family,
So some exciting news happened with transfer calls on Saturday! (To be honest I knew about the changes last week but President told me not to tell so I didn't) But I am leaving Lankwitz and Sister Peine is TRAINING!! That's right, 6 weeks on the mission and training! Woo-Hoo!! I haven't heard if Sister McCandless is training too, but she probably is because we need 17 Trainers this transfer. I am not training again because I am one of the new Sister Training Leaders. I will be over the Hamburg and Neu Münster Zones. Last Wednesday Sister Peine and I went to Hamburg for a meeting with all the District and Zone Leaders. Most of them didn't know that Sisters are getting leadership positions so they were really surprised when I walked in. My new companion is Sister Hinkel who has been on her mission since October. There are 8 Sister Training Leaders, four in the West and 4 in the East. (I'm West). I'm actually really excited and not nervous, which is new for me not to be nervous for a new assaignment. I took that as a sign that it is right. What it means to be a STL is still kind of being figured out. But it is like the Sister Zone Leader. If there are questions, we get them, we do exchanges with every Sister at least once a Transfer, report directly to President, and go to the Zone Leader Council. When President called me last week to extend this new calling to me (assignment?) he also said that in June, I will be the oldest Sister in the Field. I wish he didn't say that. And he also gave me my go home date. Weird. Naja. I'll just keep doing my job and not think about that.
But aslso with my STL thing, I have a proseliting area too; Bergedorf. This is a little branch and there are Elders there now, but tomorrow we will kick them out of their apartment (and then clean it) and then take over for them! I've heard from the APs that the Branch is super excited that Sisters are coming and that they already have a list of referrals for us! Yay!
Other than that, not too many exciting things happened last week. Just a normal week, if you could ever call a week in missionary life normal. We got a few new investigators that own and work at a hair salon and I love going in to teach them on their lunch breaks! They are from Uganda and love it when we sing Hymns :] They'll be great additions to our choir that we are working to build!
The Ward was sad that I'm leaving. I was a little sad too but it was a lot easier to say goodbye to them than it was in Cottbus. Oh, more about changes, the Elders in Lankwitz are both leaving and the new ones that are coming will be Office Elders, so no proselighting which means that Sister Peine will really be in charge! She can do it!! :]
I hope you all have a great week! I love you!
Cameron, I write emails in an internet cafe and the Elders wright at the same time. One of the Elders saw the picture Dad send of your Archery and he says that your form is one of the best he's seen (he does Archery). I told him that you do Parquor and also programed robots and he says to tell you that he thinks you are so cool. I think you're cool too! :]
Mom, Way to go with the half marathon!! What are the shirts you're designing going to look like? And yes, I did design the shirts for my race. Good luck training! You will do great! And for the money, I'm sorry it's been a lot. There were problems with mission money for a while so we were told to use personal money and it will be reembursed. So the personal money has been used for groceries and bus tickets. But the reembersment should come into my account today so I won't need any more personal money for a long time :] Sorry about that. I meant to tell you last week but forgot.
This picture that I attached is of Sister Peine, me, Sister Thornton, and Sister Brown (They serve in Dahlem).
PS. I was just was informed that I also have Zone Oldenburg as well, which includes Bremerhaven!!
6- the number of happy meals I have eaten on my mission. Here I am with sister Schneider eating from my last happy meal toy- sheep bowls!!
No comments:
Post a Comment