Hello Family!
Mom, when you said that tomorrow is my 11 month mark, I was surprized. I forgot that. Tht's a long time. And 7 more to go. Cool beans. I'm kind of feeling in the middle of you and Dad. It seems like forever away but at the same time, the weeks go by so quickly that it's as good as on the airplane.
But I liked how you counted the days (actualls counting the days is bad, but the way you did it was cute). With even if I smile at two people a day, I still can make hundreds of people happier.
I have 5 transfers left, almost done with 8. That's crazy. I still feel like I'm new. I was thinking of it the other day, tht I don't feel any more experienced than Sister Peine but when I really look at how much I've learned and grown I astound myself. But I still have a ways to go. Everyday learn something new.
To answer questions- yes I have met people who got the candy from the Candy Bomber. Everyone loves him here. I am in the American Sector where he dropped them. There's even a Underground trin station named for him. It's fun to see people connect us and him as Mormons.
The lady in the wheelchair, Freia, has missed our last 3 appointments but always calls to schedule another one. There is some interest there but commitment is hard. The referral she gave us was a wrong number and the man who answered said he had no interest in learning about Jesus. Oh well, keep working.
That was kind of the story of last week. We had lessons planned, but they all fell out. It was kind of sad really. Very sad. The appointments that we did have weren't the best either. One lady just compared us to other religions and wouldn't listen to what we said and another talked about how she thinks Jesus could have been a woman. Sometimes I get annoyed that people keep saying the "field is white" because I really am thrusting in my sickle with all I've got and nothing is happening. Then it makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong, or that I don't have enough faith and then I wonder what I'm even doing here in the first place.
But then there is this wonderful miracle called Prayer. The Almighty God, who created worlds without end, who is over all creation, who can cause the ocean to dry up with just one word, who's glory is above the sun, wants to talk to little insignificant me. He wants me to talk to Him. He waits for me to talk to Him. When I talk to Him, and speak with Him, in prayer, I am no longer annoyed but I too see a field all white and ready to harvest. My energy is renued and I keep on trying. Each card I give out, each person I talk to, each doorbell I ring, is a seed. I don't only need faith that God has prepared children for me to find, but I need also to have faith that the seeds I plant with grow and will prepare people.
That's hard sometimes, but I'll keep trying.
Sister Peine and I taught Sunday school from chpter 8 of Gospel Principles which is about prayer and while teaching and bearing testimony, it was confirmed to me again that God loves me and never leaves me alone.
Even though this week wasn't the best for lessons, there were tender mercies that helped make the week good. One was yesterday right after church, a member just walked up to us and gave us a referral! We didn#t even ask. That is a miracle right there. And when we called we made out n appopntment and then -here comes another miracle- when we told the member that we made an appoitnment out, he asked to come with us to the appointment!! WOo-Hoo!
Another one- The Elders in our Ward have one investigator named Vanessa. We have met with her before too and we all love her. Well, yesterday was fast and testimony meeting and Vanessa bore her testimony!! The Spirit was so strong there :] she had even brought her sister to church and the sister said she will come again and would like to come to the missionary lessons too!
We met with a Less Active member this week and she came to Church again! For the first time in few months. I love working with the Less Actives and seeing them become more and more active. I feel like sometimes we don't get new baptisms and new members because the ward may not be ready for them. Dad, like you said about making the base strong before building, it is the same. We need to strengthen the ward before it's storng enough to hold invetigators and converts.
It will happen. We will find people, we will teach people and we will baptize people! Let's go! :]
I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you!
Love,
Sister Walker
PS- that's so exciting about all the missionaries in our ward! Where did Becca get called to? Is Audry already in the Field? I haven't been forwarded a Trey letter for a while, how's he doing? What´s his address?
PPS- before we cn go to work, we need to have a balanced diet. Part of mine this week was a HUGE pizza! We were a group of 17 missionaries and actually ate two of this size of pizzas. It was pretty delicious.
PPPS- I was just wondering if I could request a few things to be send to me- york peppermit patties, blackberry jello, the Sound of Music CD? Please and thank you!
I love you!
For Pday last week we went on a tour of Berlin with other missionaries and decided to be tourists. I love my hat.
This is stretching it again but when I saw this poster advertizing Barbie dream house that you can go inside of and meet Barbie my first thought was "For reals?" (for = four) then my next thought was "I want to go!" :] So be on the look out for SIster Walker Barbie in the months to come :]
We found Humperdink Street :] Which crosses the street Lucky Way. We loved it and quoted The Princess Bride for the rest of the day :]
No comments:
Post a Comment