Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter


Hello Family!
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! It was fun to see the pictures of the Easter Feast all around the little breakfast table :] I had a good Easter, it was not very hard to have a good Easter honestly. I am focused on the Savior everyday and trying to get others focused on Him too, and it was rather easy to do that when there are 4 National days of Easter here in Germany! Good Friday here is a pretty big deal where everyone thinks on the judgments of Haerod and Pilate and the cross, then Saturday, and of course Easter Sunday and then an extra day Easter Monday which is a national holiday to think on the Ressurection.
On Good Friday Sister Peine, me our Lankwitz ELders (Carter and Gleason) and the SIsters serving in Dahlem (Thorton and Brown) came to the Lnkwitz chapel to bke cookies with a member (Schwester Stolz) for the Less Active members that we could give to them over the weekend. This picture is of the bunny cookies we made. I think they look a little funny but they tasted good! We did go by on less actives and gave them out and it went mostly well. There were a few not at home so we don't know how they reacted to finding a bunny cookie in their mail box.
We did go by one Less Active, Sch. Joseph, that was a wonderful experience. We just went by and rang the bell because she had no phone number listed in the ward list. She rang us in thinking we were her son but when she saw us, she started crying a little she was so happy. She said she had been praying for the missionaries to come and was so happy we were Sisters! She said the closing prayer and said "Thank you Father for opening the door for me to return to activity, I will take this chance." That made me feel so good. I had been struggling all week because the people are not as nice on the streets as in Cottbus and we have not been able to find any Ner Investigators yet and I was getting a little discouraged. But then she said her prayer and also she said that even us being in Germany helps, that just the light we give out makes a diffenerence. Maybe we wont see the difference now, it may come in 10 years when they remember our personal sunshine, but there will be success from it.
Sometimes I don't have enough patience for that though.
I want to be like Paul, bringing 10,000 people at a time into the Gospel! But I have to remember my place and just do my best. Fulfilling my calling also means not wishing mine was different. I was thinking of Alma 29:1 when Alma said " O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth..." I wish people would listen to me!! But then I have to remember that my MIssionary Purpose is "To INVITE others to come unto Christ..." As long as I do my inviting part, my job is done well. I am bad at remembering that though.
But I will keep trying!
I hope you all have a wonderful week and enjoy Conference! I will be praying that Dad, Kaden and Cameron get tickets. (I might as well add Jared to the list, maybe he can come with them)
I love you!
Love,
Sister Walker

PS- Mom, I got an email back saying your mailbox is too full, it won't accept my emails. Please check your inbox :]


The Berlin Wall

The Brandenburger Tor

Check Point Charlie

Goodbye East Berlin


Berlin! we were lost one day and accedentally found Mauer Platz. This is the place where President Pimentel brought the new missionaries on our first day so we could say a dedicatory prayer. It was kind of cool to find it. and This piece of the Wall is there for a memorial. 
Mom, I am in the West Berlin now. In the old American Sector. It's pretty different than Cottbus which is East Germany! But both are good. 

At the Brandenburger Tor there were people dressed up as soldiers taking pictures with people. Sister Peine and I did it on our Pday.

The soldiers had set poses that they did for the tourists and this was one of them! I was laughing very hard. Not sure if I should have taken this picture but I couldn't stop them, they were already on the ground! 


Two Soldiers
So I don't really know if I was a good missionary by letting them do this, but they were already on the ground and posing before I could stop them. I didn't know what else to do but laugh and my companion took the picture. I think it's kind of funny. :]
The one holding the Russian flag was trying to flirt with me (don't worry, I was a good missionary then and didn't do it back) and asked me for my Facebook address or number. I gave him a card with the mormon.org website on it :] Hehe 


We found Teddy bear shapped chips! I love Berlin! :]


No comments:

Post a Comment