Monday, April 8, 2013

Happy PDay


candy bomber
conference
Happy Pday Family!
Mom, it is very strange you changed your email address, but gmail is better than juno and I do like your email address name :]
I am so glad that my packages got to you safely! I was praying they would. Is the wooden light thing OK? Did it break? I used as much Bubble wrap as I could. Did you see the Geneology tree from the Book of Mormon? Is that not the coolest thing you've ever seen?! Please keep it safe :] I'll figure out what exactly to do with it later but I love it. It's so cool that you all looked through my box and Dad's mission box together. I feel so cool.
Conference was great. We had one nonmember there and also one of our Less Actives came! We've only seen the Saturday sessions and Sunday Morning, still waiting for SUnday Afternoon. Don't know when we'll get that one. And Mom, you asked last week if I would like you to send me an Ensign for COnference and yes, I would love one! We just got November's issue of the Liahona in February so we probably won't get the May edition till AUgust so if you send me one, I would get it much faster :] Thanks!
I'm sorry you did not get to go up to Utah, but it's good to take it easy with Dad's back. How is the family reunion location working out`? It sounds like a great spot. I want to go to the beach. But it's OK, I'm going to go to a castle in Berlin, Germany today and that is pretty cool too I guess.
This week has been a rollercoaster. We got 4 New Investigators but then 2 of them the appointment didn't happen (didn't show up.) We met some very nice people on the street but hardly any interest. One of our new investigators, Freia, found us actually. We had tried to go to one of our appointments, but the lady was sick so she said come another day and we were pretty bummed. We were walking to a large apartment building, our plan B, when we heard (in English) "Sisters! Stop! I want to talk to you!" We were pleasently surprized when this lady in her wheelchair chased us down and was so excited Sisters were in Lankwitz! She met with the SIsters almost 10 years ago and wants to meet with us again and is also interested in Geneology. When we stopped talking to her (after like 30 minutes) she gave us a referral. What a huge miracle!
This week has also been kind of hard on me. I just feel so worn out. I try and try all day long and most days all we hear are no and mean comments. (or wolf whistles and drunk pick up lines) I have been struggling to find a desire to go and do doors, or to go and talk to people on the street because they are just going to say no. But then I say a little prayer and really take it one step at a time and I can do it. Something I've noticed though, is nothing can lift me up like bearing my testimony. If I really am struggling to motivate myself and if the people are just being extra not nice, I find a way to somehow bear my testimony and then I feel better and I can feel myself change and more strength come. It may sound weird but I really can feel stronger and feel more excitement and feel a desire to give people the chance to accept the Gospel, even if they don't take it. God really does lead this work and he will even help a weak little Sister like me find strength to keep going. It helps very much to have Sister Peine here too. She is starting to get more confident and she motivates me to get my enthusiasm going again when it gets low.
I love conference weekend. That also gave my batteries a recharge! I'm a little sad President MOnson is not coming to Berlin after this conference too. That was really fun last time :]
I hope you all have a great week! I love you all and you're in my prayers :]
Love, 
Sister Walker 
  -the picture is by another part of the Berlin Wall with two of the Berlin Bear statues that are all over the city. 

In my apartment we have 2 companionships. Me and Sister Peine and the Sisters who work in the city of Neu Kölln. The Neu Kölln Sisters normally get home around 9.30 which is half an hour later than us because it takes them a long time on the bus to go from home to working area and back. Well, a few days ago I found a key that goes to the entry way. When you walk through the front door you take your shoes off inthe hall way then come through the entry way door into the rest of the house. We have locked the entry way door 3 times now when as a little joke to the Neu Kölln Sisters. they don't know we have a key :] they just think the door gets stuck and needs to be opened from the other side. Maybe a little mean, but we never lock them in with no help formore than a minute and it makes us laugh everytime :]

We got a HUGE chocolate egg from a less active for easter which was wrapped in gold foil. It reminded me of Harry Potter 4 so we all drew dragons and posed with the egg. I drew scars on our faces, we wore my glasses and Sister Munford has a harry potter scarf. This is my picture. (I drew the green dragon) 

This is during Conference weekend with the Elders in my Ward and the Sisters that I live with with our sign for my Church Building. 


No comments:

Post a Comment