Monday, July 15, 2013

Happy Pday


Hello Family.
Today is another PDay.  And you would be proud that I said no to something to to today that would   have been expensive. I'll wait to do it until all the personal  money I've had to put into mission money is paid back. See? I am learning to be responcible with money even though I have not received the check register yet.
This week was OK. Nothing too big or special. We had Tausch in Kiel this week. Kiel is a beautiful cityon the water I love going there. I was with Sister Wallin and we had a fun time together. It was fun to see how Tausches really help. There was one lady we taught who came from Poland who was getting upset that there was no Mormon church in her country (which there is) the Sisters had been trying to tell her that there was but because she had never seen it she didn't believe. So when I said something about the church all over the world she got upset again. But our investigator, Paul, who comes from Poland had asked me for the addresses of the buildings there so he could go to church in vacation so I had the addresses in my planner still and could give them to her. She was speechless and we could further teach her. And another lesson was with a lady who has been meeting with missionaries for forever (an eternal investigator) who's problem was she didn't like people helping her so she never went to church because she felt like that was only asking for help (to get a ride there, having others give her the sacrament, getting blessings...) so I whipped out Mosiah 2:17 and said that when we help others we serve god. When others help us they serve god. If we don't let people help us then we don't let them serve god and hold their blessings back. She liked that and commited to come to church! 
And similar things happened with the sister who took my place in Bergedorf. They taught a lesson to Mike and he had had some  questions about it that somehow the answers Sister Hinkle and I gave didn't make sense to him but this sister was crystal clear to him!
Yay for Tausches!
There was one really sad thing that happened this week. After teaching a lesson to Solomon, we were just on fire and ready to talk to everyone on the street and give everyone a Book of Mormon! Then no one wanted to talk to us. Until one man with two little kids came. Sister Hinkle tried to give him a card and he said "Oh no. I know who you are. You are Mormons. I pray every day thatGod forgives you for what you do." ...Ummm...what? So I started talking to him and tried to see what he had misunderstood. It was the Book of Mormon. Just what I wanted to bear testimoyn about right then!  So I did. But he wouldn't listen. Now this is not new. I have had thousands of nos before. But with this man it was different. He could feel the Spirit strong enough to stay and answer the questions I asked, listen to our testimonies, listen to scriptures and examples that were brought to my mind, and to our testimonies. What was different was that while looking in his eyes, I could see the fire of testimony start to burn and then he willingly and purposfully snuffed it out. Over and over again I saw him force the Spirit out of his heart. I had never seen that before and it broke my heart. I wanted to cry for him and for his two little children. After the half hour we spoke was over and we walked away I really looked up into the sky and cried "God, I tried all I could do to help your son. Please help him now." It makes me sad all over again remembering it. I knew this man, we were supposed to talk to him, he is our brother, but he would't listen to the Representatives of his Saviour.
While I was sad for him and his family, we had Companionship study. This scripture jumpped out at me: D&C 90:11 "For it shall come to pass in that day, that every man shall hear the fulness of the gospel in his own tongue, and in his own language, through those who are ordained unto this power, by the administration of the Comforter, shed forth upon them for the revelation of Jesus Christ."  Why would it repeat itself using tongue and language? Or does it mean two different things? When read together with the scripture that says every knee shall bend then this tongue can mean his own. This man wouldn't listen this week, but sometime he will. Sometime he will hear himself bear testimony of the truthfullness of the Book of Mormon. Because it is true. No matter what he says, he can't change that.
I hope you all have a wonderful day! I love you :]
Have fun with Pa's Dream 1 :] always wear a life vest.
Mom, I would rather come back to Germany and not have you pick me up. And Christmas in Germany as a family would be so fun :] If it doesn't work out the whole family can come, what about you and Dad and I come back the 2nd or so week of December? You can see all the Christmas markets and then come back home for Christmas? If it really doesn't work out, then I'll come with you to pick Trey up and we`ll spend some time in Germany before going to Italy.
Have fun at the family reunion! Tell everyone I say hi :]
Love, 
SIster Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment