Hello Family!
So Daddy, your perdiction was right. I have been Transfered out of Bergedorf. Sister HInkle is staying and funny story is getting for a new companion and the new STL (SIster Training Leader) is the first person she trained. Weird. Companions very rarely get back together. I am still going to be an STL and will be opening a new STL Tausch Group and my Companion is SIster Babbitt who got her Patriarchal Blessing from Grandpa Pommerville. Where will we be? You'll never guess it but go ahead and take a guess. Guess! I'd like to keep this suspence still going so I won't tell you. :] I would like to hear your guesses. When President called me to say I've been Transfered I really asked him if he was joking. Keep Guessing.
This week was a good one. Sunday was prety weird but I'll get to that later. We are starting an English class here in Bergedorf and last Tuesday is when we first started passing out invitations to it. Within an hour we had gotten 3 calls from people asking to reserve spots for English class! We are not up to 7 students who are set in coming. I'm a little sad I won't get to teach it But it will be good.
Another cool thing happened on Tuesday! Back Story first- OUr second week here, we met with a part member less active family where the dad is a member the mom not. We were able to have good contact with them but then we lost it. We've tried this whole transfer to get it back but to no avail. Finally I was getting a little grumpy that it wasnt working even though we kept being probted to try. So I just prayed "Father, I keep feeling we need to keep trying but everything we do doesnt work. I will plan that we will teach them a lesson today at 13 (1p,m) PLease make it happen." And do you know what? He did. While getting to where they live you take a bus then a train and another bus. Normally the first bus is the #12. We weer at the stop and saw the 12 coming but another bus cut in front. It was a bus we had never taken before because it only comes once every hour but it stopped at the train station too so we took it even though our normal bus was there. And we sat down. Then a man said "oh! Hello Sisters!" and it was the HUSBAND!! YAY!! We were both a little shock but after another qui k thank you prayer I could talk and we rode all the way to his house together and talked longer and most was about church things. His wife wasn't home so we couldn't go inside but we got contact again! YAY!!
Another cool thing that happened this week is one of our investigators has cancer so I made her a casserol and we took it over to her. She has never come to church at our ward before but after doing that she said she felt so loved that she wanted to come. And as soon as she came she was taken over by the Relief Society sisters. She said she knows this is where she belongs and asked if I could come back from my new city for her baptism. I said I would try :] She has blonde curly hair too and a primary boy asked if she was my mom and she loved that.
It was really no surprize that I was transfered becasue remember the member who has a crush on me? Well, he asked me, or rather told me, to be his girlfriend. I told him that I am a missionary and to stop thinking of that because I do not think and will not think of that. That was the first really weird thing that happened at church. Then a lady who was maybe a little drunk came in and kept trying to make us say something bad about other churches. But I took her in a smaller class room and just told her about the First Vision and it calmed her down and she took a Book of Mormon and made an appointment out. Then on the way back home from our eating appointment there was a man on the bus that both me and SIster Hinkle thought reminded us of Jabba the Hut and we were Leah tied to him. It was gross. We both felt just so weird that we had to take a break and we read the story of Jonah to calm down. (Sister HInkle was standing right next to me as the member asked me to be his girlfriend.)
But after we went by on a less active and that was good. He'll be active again in no time! Another possitive was The 1st councilour in the Branch Presidency came up to me and asked if I could give a talk in sacrament meeting 5 minutes before church started. But I said yes and he said the topic was just some spiritual experience that taught me something on my mission. You can't get a broader topic but an idea popped into my head that I used. On Wednesday I got a letter from Sister McCandless in the mail that had a picture of an invstigator I had found in Cottbus at his baptism. He is the old man that SIster Neukomm and I found that had yelled at us and instead of Bible Bashing back, I just bore my testimony to him and he changed completely and asked for a copy of the Book of Mormon. I told that story and read D&C 42:14-17 and then bore my testimony of how the SPirit is really the missionary, we are just the one who wears the tag cause he has no body.
I hope you have an awesome time at the Family Reunion! Tell everyone Hi for me and that I love them! Be safe! Always watch the kids in the water! Don't watch Jaws. Finding Nemo is ok though.
Liebe Grüße,
Sister Walker
PS- the picturte is my reenactment of the First Vision :]
OK I can't wait. I'll just tell you where I'm going. I'm going back to Cottbus!
Read SECOND
This is email number 2. Do not read until after eamail 1. 1 always proceeds 2, as even in this case. Thank you
Yes. I'm going back to Cottbus. Because 5 transfers there wasn't enough to do my job I guess. I am excited but nervous at the same time. What didn't I do or what did I mess up on that I have to go and fix now? I have a few ideas on what to do when I get back but it's still weird. No one ever goes back to old cities. Especially not after they had 5 transfers there alerady and only 3 left.
What are your thoughts?
Love you!
Sister Walker
No comments:
Post a Comment