Hello family!
Mom, way to guess I was coming back. I never would have guessed it in a hundered years. :] But it`s fun to be back. I feel like I`ve never left. I think one of the reasons I am back is because I still remember so many people that said yes once but appointments fell out that we never wrote down. So I am here to repent of my needing-to-improve record keeping abilities. But it really is cool. We are walking down a street and I remember somethng about someone that lives there, we go by and they remember me and let us in. We have added a few people to the teaching pool from that. It is kind of fun to be in a city where both of us know it very well. There is none of that awkward "`think we're lost" feeling or anything. Sister Babbitt has been here for 5 months already.
Going to Church was funny. Every one recognized me. Some knew I was coming and were prepared, others it was a surprize. From the ones that it was a surprize for about half of them came up and said "Hello Sisters! Sister Walker, you have another new companion? What's your name? Sister Babbitt. Hmmm I think we had another Babbitt here a while ago..." or "Hello you must be the new Sister, Sister Babbitt. Where do you come from?" The`n when we corrected them that I was back and that SIster Babbitt has been here for a while they said, "Oh right! We are just so used to seeing you here Sister Walker, it wasn't new!" We laughed at that.
But the week went well. We tried the idea to write "Mormon.org" at the bus stops here. So we wrote it all up and down one street and someone referred himself to it! Yay! It has been so killer hot here- about 40°C which is like 104°F I think. Walking around all day carrying a heavy backpack was not too fun. I hate sweating and the German Deoderant stinks (in the fact that it smells bad and doesn't work) I know it's not very long to the end and you may think letters to me are pointless but if you would be so kind as to send me a small package with good american deoderant and one or two new white undershirts from Shade clothing I would much appreciate it. The ones I have have nasty pit stains that are just emberassing on them.
Sister Babbitt and I look a like. It's kind of funny. Except she has straight hair. People think we really are Sisters. And our personalities are similar including how stubborn we are. Sch Münch (who I was super excited to see again!!) laughed and said she is going to enjoy watching to see if we will get along. But I think we will. We have worked out problems so far so good. This week we have our first Tausches as STLs and we're going to Berlin! Yay going back to all my old areas hehe. I didn't know Dad repeated a city on his mission. Come to think of it, I don't know much about Dad's mission except that he had a pet monkey. I'm sorry I've never asked you much about it Dad. When I get home we can have a party talking about our missions.
The family reunion looked like fun! It's funny to see you wearing jackets at the beach. Glad no one drownd or died from sting rays. I've never seen sting rays at our beaches before, that's kind of cool.
I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you!
Love,
Sister Walker
No comments:
Post a Comment