Monday, October 14, 2013

My Extra Transfer

Hello Family! 


The day of transfer calls has come and gone and guess what? I'm staying in Cottbus. I've been here so long that they decided to change the spelling of the city. It is now Kottbus. :] (see picture below) hehe :]



I'm trying hard to see the changes of Cottbus since I've been here, but then I realized that was being selfish. I started looking for the changes Cottbus has had on me and I was amazed. Yes parts of me have not changed, I still hate waking up early, I still sleep with a teddy bear, I still think I am a 5 year old princess at times, but I have changed too. My testimony has become deeper, counting blessings is easier, opening my mouth to bear tesitmony and helping others smiles has become a hobby, and learning how to be still and give things to the Lord has made progress.  I'm not scared of future things anymore or scared of things I can't fully understand. I know my Father will help me through dark nights and storms.
I'm glad to be staying in Cottbus, I love the people here and want to help them a little while longer. We saw a less active at church yesterday that I have been working with since week one of  Cottbus in August 2012 and it was her first time at church in 10 years! We both cried a little when she walked in because we were so happy. I was so happy to see her choosing to come back and choosing to come home. Bishop bore his testimony in church and thanked the missionaries for what we do after he spent 15 minutes at a street stand with us. There still are more miracles to be seen and people to find. I hope I can fulfill my calling.
These are my extra 6 weeks. I am the last Sister to have the extended time because of fast tracking the MTC, I better use them wisely. I am the last Sister in the mission that had President Pimentel, still need to represent him well too. But this is not my last transfer ever. I am planning on serving more missions after this one. And even if I never get another name badge, being a mommy is a great mission. Mom and Dad, you are wonderful. all of your sons are bearers of the Priesthood, your oldest daughter is sealed to her family and I am a set apart missionary. You two are serving your parental mission well I would say. Thank you for all you do and the sacrifices you make for us.
And your German Deli looks pretty real! And they have my favorite German food!! Dad, in the picture you sent of mom, there is a boxed food in the background that says ,,Knödel" I love that stuff! I was planning on packing my suitcase with boxes of it to bring home but now that I know it's there, I can have more space to bring my clothes home :] or maybe chocolate. Probably chocolate. Can we eat there when I get home? Thanks :] I'll probably cry a lot so be warned. Mom, thanks for taking care of my classes for me. It was stressing me out but now that I know you can take care of it I feel better. Thank you.
I hope you all have a wonderful week! Have fun in Utah and tell everyone hi! I love you!
Liebe Grüße,
 Sister Walker 

No comments:

Post a Comment