Monday, October 28, 2013

Last Pday In October


Hello!
Thank you for getting my classes! I was praying all Friday that things would work out and I'd get classes. I laughed a little when I saw Self Defence and Personal Finance :] And fingers are crossed for the Zumba :] hehe thank you. To add to the list of appointments I already have at home, could I add a hair appointment? I haven't gotten a trim or a cut since before the MTC and think it's about time. I have also been thinking about dying my hair dark again, what would you think?
As much as I'm trying not to think about home, people around me don't let me not think about it. Yesterday at church and our eating appointment after everyone was joking about getting a wedding announcement from me soon. The bets going around the Ward range from 3 weeks after getting home will I be engaged to 6 months. Nothing longer than that. I told then all to be prepared to be disappointed because Josh Groban first has to be baptized then we would need to wait a year before going to the Temple. Sister Piteck is trying to help things go quickly, her bet is by my birthday in March, so she is making me a tool to use. For investigators we have the "Teaching Record" to record what we teach when, how we found them, what commitments they are keeping, etc... Well, Sister Piteck is making a "Dating Record" for me to use when I get home. To record how we met, if he opens doors for me, if he makes me laugh, and also red flags to keep an eye out for. Very funny Sister Piteck...
I swear, the way you hear people talk about me it's like I fly home tomorrow.
But to the maybe slight disappointment of some, I do not. I still am a missionary. And this week we worked hard to find new investigators. For some reason that's been hard for us. And most of our investigators are men whom we "gave" to the Elders. But we found 2 new ones this week! (both men again.)
Here are our adventures from Tuesday:

We took dinner to our Ward Mission Leader becasue his wife finally had her baby and after wards we decided to chalk mormon.org again. While doing it, we talked to a man who turned out to be a referral from a less active member and we are now teaching him! His name is Hans. A little bit after talking to Hans, we kept chalking and a man on a bike stopped to talk to us and it turns out he is an old investigator who wanted to get back into contact with the missionaries! It was a good example of being in the right place at the right time. We had debated whether or not we'd actually do the chalk idea but it turned out for good!
Stanley is doing alright, the Word of Wisdom is a little hard but we're working on it.
Also we had an open house time when we open the Churhc for tours to the public. Most open houses no one comes in but Bishop wants us to have them so we do, We normally have members there and at least have a member lesson or schedule investigator lessons in the church there so we have something to do. On this day, we had a lesosn with Stanley planned and Sister Dittrich was supposed to come. She was a little late, which was fine, but then more and more people started coming! Including a less active member and Hans from the chalk adventure! Sister Piteck and I had to split up to help everyone which we're not suppoed to do (we stayed within hearing but she was with the English group, me with the German) and called the Elders for back-up. The Elders finally got there and took over the German group so I could go with my compie. That was pretty cool. We told the Ward about it and now more people want to help out with Open House!
After that adventure, we had choir practice. The choir is not happy that I will not be coming back for the Christmas concert on the 8th of December. A few of them want to call Bishop Wilkinson and ask to push my homecoming talk a week later. The choir director almost cried when she found out and had a mini panic attack that the sopranos won't be able to sing their part as I'm the only soprano that can hit the high notes. I told them everything will work out and that God will help them with this missionary activity and guess what? The relief society president brought a friend with her to choir practice who is a good soprano! Yay for not-yet-members singing in choir! :]  I am still sad that I won't sing with them though. Does the Los Flores ward have a Christmas Concert I can sing in?
Naja.
The rest of the week was good too. We fed the elephants again at the Zoo for PDay last week.



 I'm glad Mom is feeling better and that things are getting back to Normal. Congrats (don't know if I can say that about a calling but whatever) Cam and Cole and Kade on your callings! You will all do wonderfully and I'm proud of you all :] you are great examples to me.
I love you all and have a great day!
Love,
Sister Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment