I don't know if you'll get this before or after dropping Trey off at the MTC, if before, please give him a hug for me, if after I hope he was brave! Can you please send me his MTC and his mission home address? Thank you. President Kosak also asked all Americans to have their parents to register us to vote and send us a ballot. So, i think I am registered to vote, don't really know though. But if possible, can you do all that jazz with getting me a ballot please? Thanks!
Sunshine moment of the week- I have been trying to write the miracles that I see everyday in my journal like President Kosak suggested and am glad I try. I am able to recognize more and more miracles everyday and I feel like the more miracles I remember and record, the more miralces come! One miracle that was an answer to my prayers happened on Tuesday. I was not feeling like the work I was doing was getting anything accomplished. My Spirit was a little low becasue I have been trying to help Sister Neukomm be happy and she still struggles some days and then we met some people that did not have the nicest things to say and then appointments fell through, I was getting down and I kept praying for help. I just wanted to meet one nice person that would listen as I bore testimony of my Savior. No one would listen. When it was time to take the street car away from this area there was one other man at the stop. When I looked at him a thought came into my head that said ,,Er will ein Buch Mormon." (means, he would like a Book of Mormon) I went right over to him and before he even said hi back, I was bearing my testimony of Christ and offered him the Book of Mormon. He took it excitedly! He said he had always wanted to learn more about the Mormons! We explained the Book of Mormon, bore testimony again and marked a chapter for him to read. He said he will do this and expressed his gratitude. When we boarded the street car, he started reading! He said that we could not make an appointment then becasue he has to talk to his wife first, but I feel confident that he is now a little closer to God than he was Tuesday morning. That is my purpose, invite others to come unto Christ. I am so grateful for the prompting to talk to him at the stop and looking back on it now I am grateful that no doubts came into my mind after receiving that thought. Hopefully he and his wife will want to get even closer to God.
There are multiple miracles happening here every day and I am grateful I can do my part to help them move forward. I am also grateful for the scripture that President Kosak chose to be the transfer scripture, D&C 124:15. He told us to put our names in the scripture so it is about us. Integrity is something that I strive to have. I want so badly the Lord to love me because I have integrity in my heart and remembering this scripture helps me. For example, when my alarm goes off at 6:30, it would be so easy to sleep a little longer, no one else would know. But I would know and the Lord would know. And I don't want to disappoint Him.
I am grateful for the trials as well as the miracles, becasue they make me grow and make the miracles even more sweet.
I love my personal study time. I can see how much better of a teacher I am becoming becasue I am preparing myself. The promise that if we treasure up knowledge, the Spirit will give us rememberance is true and has happened many times!
The pictures are of last P-Day in Spreewald with Brother and Sister Dittrich, President Kosak's inlaws. They are very nice and friendly. We had a wonderful ime together and after boating, we went through a hedge maze and then got ice cream and tried some of Spreewald's famous pickles. Pa would have loved these pickles. There were so many flavors and varieties. not only pickled cucumbers but all kinds of squash. I'm not a big squash fan but pickled peppered butter squash is pretty delicious.
The Ward here in Cottbus is great! I am feeling at home and the members are willing to do missionary work with us which is such a blessing! We focused a lot this week on our less actives and the Visiting Teachers are doing a terrific job with still visiting the Less Active sisters. Go Visiting Teachers!! :] We have one investigator with a baptismal date for September 30th. His name is Chi-Yu and he comes from Vietnam. He speaks english and was really excited that I'm American, most of the sisters who served here have been native German speakers. He is terrific and I hope he is able to feel the Spirit and goes through with his baptism. He was at church yesterday and enjoyed it which is great!!
Kaden, congratulations on giving your talk! I bet you did wonderfully! Cam, did Amelia make you put on her pretend Nerf lipstick? hehehe... Cole, don't be sad that Trey is gone, you can be close to him always by being a missionary at home. I hope you all have a great week in school!
Dad, again we shared thoughts! I was thinking about how I want to feel when my mission is over. I made a calendar of how long I have left. When I look at it I think, count every moment, make every moment count. I want to be able to say at the end of my mission that I gave it my best and that I served with all my heart.
I hope you and Mom are safe with your guns, enjoy your classes!
Shay, i hope you and your family are doing well! I love you!
Love you all!
Love
Sister Walker


No comments:
Post a Comment