Happy P-Day!
One sunshine moment of the week- While walking home and talking with people on the street, we met a lady named Frau Iaroshevska. When we approached her she was a little hesitant but then she read our name tags and smiled. She said that she knew who we were and she had gotten one of our cards and wanted to talk to us. We will be meeting with her later today! I think this was a little miracle because normally when we ask people if they've heard of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints they say no. It's wonderful that people are starting to know that the Church is there! First step, but a good and important step.
Cottbus is wonderful. The Ward is very willing to help us which is a huge blessing. We are always able to find joint teaches and the investigators feel welcomed. It is so fun to see members and investigators helping eachother. We had Family Night with Brother Grüschke, Sister Leuschner and one of our investigators Ameen. He is a student at BTU (Brandenburg Technology University) and at first I was nervous the age gap (The members are both older than Pa) would be a problem, but it wasn't. Ameen felt loved and welcomed and that is important. And the members ask us how he is doing, which shows that they really care.
Our mission president asked us to write down miracles that we see every day. This has been helping me to notice many little miracles every day and has opened my eyes to some very big ones. One big miracle that happened this week I have actually been debating whether or not to tell you becasue I was worried Mom would get worried. But it was a huge Miracle I wanted to tell everyone else, Mom is only allowed to read if she promises not to think I'm in danger or anything like that. Last Monday after P-Day ended and we were working doing doors and talkign to people on the street. Our last planned activity before going home was to drop a Happy Birthday card off to a Less Active member. After doing that, an old contact saw us and started to talk to us on the street. We talked for a long time and it was getting dark fast when the conversation ended. We weren't too far from home, just on the other side of a park, so we decided to walk home. We were both a little nervous walking in the dark but we started to sing some hymns and then felt better. About half way through this deserted and not so well lit park there was a bench with 4 men on it who were drunk. We quickened our pace and didn't answer any of there comments or mocking but just kept walking. When we were about 8 feet past them, one of them chucked an empty beer bottle at us. 8 feet isn't too far and the bottle looked like it would hit us but then all of a sudden it was as if it hit something else because it just dropped about a foot from us. Totally against laws of physics, just stopped flying in the middle of it's arc and plummeted to the ground and shattered but all the shards of glass went backwards, not even one little piece of glass came toward us! There were angels protecting us that night in the park and I am very greatful.
No more walking through a dark park though.
On a less scary note, on Saturday Sister Neukomm and I went to the city Görlitz to help the Elders there with a street stand they had at a Familie Fest. City Sqare was shut down except for this aprty all about the family! It was so cool! We were not allowed to procylite but were invited as a church to support families. We can support families no problem! (the ward in Görlitz asked the Elders to invite us the sisters becasue they wanted some beauty representing the church. I thought that was funny :] ) We handed out balloons that had "Ich <3 Familie" (i love family) and the church's website. We also helped at an arts and craft table. Super fun! Made me think of you all and how grateful I am for my family and for the temple where Mom and Dad were sealed for time and all eternity! Yay for forever! Another fun note, I'm going to the Temple this week!!!! On Friday Sister Neukomm and I will be cleaning the temple! I've never done that before and am super excited. Then in 2 weeks we are going to do a session as a District. I love that I'm in the Temple Zone now!
I'm glad you all were able to drop Trey off at the MTC. Even if he didn't wave back, I'm sure he wanted to but was just too nervous/excited and forgot. I'm so excited that he's out too! it's like we're twins, going out at the same time!
Dad, take care of your back. listen to the doctor and rest. To answer your questions, Chi-Yu reads in English and Sis Neukomm speaks english at the lessons. All missionaries of the world are required to learn english. But she knew it before her mission as well as french. I help her refine her english like she does me german.
I didn't know Rachel Ross was thinking about a mission! That is so exciteing! Do you know what made her want to do that?
I hope you all have a wonderful day and week! I love you!
Love,
Sister Walker



No comments:
Post a Comment