Hello Family!
Thank you for sending me Trey's letter, it made me really happy to get it!
One of the Sunshine moments of my week: On Saturday was our Ausstellung (Street Diplay) and we had a lot of support. All the missionaries in our District and in the Dresden District came (a total of 16 missionarie!) and helped along with a handfull of members. It was so fun to see the members coming and helping out and getting involved in the work. There was a rain storm that interrupted us but despite that we were still able to place Books of Mormon and make contacts and give street lessons. Even though the rain interrupted us, it was a happy time and I hope we see success from it. Durring the rain storm, we missionaries started singing, that was fun!
I asked my District leader for a blessing which he gave me after the Ausstellung because I felt I needed a little encouragement durring the week, it was a little trying this week. The blessing was just what I needed and I wanted to share a few parts of it with you. He said that Heavenly Father is pleased with my decission to serve a mission and that the gift of tounges is real and I will get it if I work for it. He also said that I have a blessing of realizing who's prepared. He said that I will be able to look into a croud and pick out the one who is prepared. What a blessing that will be. I was reading over my Patriarchal blessing as well and something that it said coupled with something I read in ''Jesus the Christ'' made me think that I know who I will find already, I knew them before. We fought together at the Council in Heaven and I need to find them so they can fight with me here. Does that make sence? I feel an urgency to find them and I read two talks from Elder Holland that added to that one is ''The Church in Europe'' from 1995 and the other is from last conference abotu the workers in the vineyard. He said ''I have such a sense of urgency in my chest I can harly breathe.'' and ''It's getting late.'' This just added to my little frutration, how am I to find them all?! I want to work all day, I want to build up Zion in Cottbus, and in Germany. But I need to build up Sister Neukomm right now. Balanceing the two takes pacients and skills I don't feel I have quite yet. Hopefully soon.
This week Sister Neukomm and I also had the opprotunity to help clean the Temple. This was such a neat experiance for me. I felt so loved and welcomed in the Temple and had the overwhelming feeling that this is where I belong. My resolve to bring people to this same feeling increased. I want to help people prepare for, make and keep Temple covenants.
I have had a little of a hard week and the Temple was a nice place to refocus my energies too. I have been a little restless wanting to get out and spread the word and have been frustrated at times that we can't keep the same schedule as other companionships. I want to change Cottbus but felt that sometimes I was working alone this week. At the Temple I realized how little I understand of what Sister Nekomm really is feeling. So on the way back home, we had a long discussion and made new goals and a new plan how to help Sister Neukomm and I do effective work together. One of the things that she said is a hard thing for her is with her sleeping in, she has no study time so she feels unprepared which is why she does not participate much in lessons. We decided that we need to schedule her study time, not just get out the door as soon as she wakes up. This also means that we need to be better at effective planning and time management. We can do it.
Something I am very greatful for, always am thankful for but especially so this week, is the companionship of the Holy Ghost. He is really the teacher, we are just the spokes people. I was blessed to really notice this week when the Holy Ghost was speaking through me. When I didn't know what to say, or the German words that I wanted to say, they came to me. There were especially two times this week that this happened. One was in an appointment with our investigator Christine and the second was at our Film night after the Ausstellung. We inited people on the street, investigators and members to watch ''The Tetaments'' Saturday night. Both times when bearing my testimony I could feel the help as I found the words in German. He has also helped me keep an understanding heart and remember what is important now at times when my frustration is getting high.
I am very excited for Conference next month! We do get to see it on the 7th and 8th with dubbed over voices in German. Also another special treat we get is on October 14th, President Monson will be in Berlin! I get to go see the Prophet! :]
I hope you all have a wonderful week and Stake Conference with Elder Cook!
I love you all!
Love,
Sister Walker
PS- I echo what Trey said, letters in the mail would be very nice. My address, in case you forgot it, is
Virchow Strasse 39
03044 Cottbus
Germany
or
Zerbster Strasse 42
12209 Berlin
Germany


No comments:
Post a Comment