Monday, September 24, 2012

Sister Strengthening

Hello Shay! 

To Match your B, my picture is Balloons. This is from a Family Festival in the city of Görlitz last week. The whole city center was filled with booths and music and general fun things to promote families. We went to help the Görlitz Elders out by talking to families, handing out balloons and pass along cards and doing crafts with the kids. It was a lot of fun! 

My C has two meanings: cold and cleaning. Sister Neukomm and I got to help clean the Temple this past week and that was so cool and neat to be able to do that! We cleaned the locker rooms and there was a sister from SOuth Africa helping us too. It was fun to talk to her while cleaning. We alo explored a little (not sure if that was allowed or not... o well.) and saw the sealing rooms and the Bride room. it's so fun that you were able to go to the Dedication of the temple, they are such a wonderful place! I agree with your thoughts about them and how much of a blessing they are. They are also a great place to recharge your batteries. Working for the Lord full time is a stresful job and taking a break to clean His house was a perfect breath of fresh air. I felt welcomed and at home. Thank you for sending me Paige's songs, I agree with her, I love to see the Temple! The cold part is it is freezing here already. I did buy a cute new yellow coat to fight the cold though! 

 
My spiritual thought is how greatful I am for a living prophet on the earth today. How greatful I am to be able to hear the prophet's voice! It is on my iPod, I listened to him while eating breakfast today. Not many people know about him, I want to tell them all!! And something exciting is that President Monson is coming to visit us! He will be in Berlin on October 14th. I can't wait! How blessed we are to have the priesthood restored and a righteous leader to guide us back to our Father. 

I understand what you mean about Trey but I feel it backwards, I'm glad he's out with me! And you're still part of our big kids group, we're all serving missions. Yours just happens to be in Lehi, Utah, mine in Germany, adn Trey's in Utah/Italy. The missionary purpose is ''invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in the lord Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism by emersian for the remission of sins, receiving the gift of the holy ghost and enduring to the end.'' you are doing that with Jared, Paige, and Taylee right now. So don't worry, you're still a part of our group :] 

I love you Lyssa, have a great week!

Love, 
Sister Walker 

No comments:

Post a Comment