Dad- the Chapel is in a part of northern Bremerhaven, about a 7 minute walk from my apartment, an hour walk or half hour bus ride from city center. City center is where we find most of our contacts and investigators. Most of our members live in the city Cuxhaven which is an hour drive by car about 50 minutes by train and 2ish hours by bus. Yes it is quite a distance for people to travel by German standards but I think it is good too. If people are really commited they will find a way and be blessed. It is hard for some but always worth it. Thomas rides his bike 45 minutes then has 30 minutes on a train to get to church and he comes pretty frequently, almost every week when the weather is not stormy. That's sacrifice right there but he loves church and always feels the spirit so he keeps coming. It's right across the street from a huge park, Speckenbüttel Park. Most people know it, so finding the church is no problem, the big white building in SPeckenbüttel with a big sign that says "Kirche Jeus Christi der Heiligen der letzten tage" is generally hard to miss.
Mom- you can send packages to my apartment too. I don't remember the reason I said not to so feel free to send it to the same address as the wonderful letters! I have gotten 4 so far, yours, Dad's, Cam and Cole's. replies are being written. Thank you for them! Each day I've gotten one has been a little brighter. :) Thank you.
Parents- I have an idea for you to do for Trey, ask someone to write, or record to write later, his setting apart blessing so he can read it on his mission. Sister Faerber's friend wrote hers down and she reads it all the time and it helps her. I tried to write down mine after but I forgot a lot of it. Just an idea.
Trey- You will be going into the MTC soon!!! AAHHH!!!! I was writting the dates in my new planner and you will become a missionary this next transfer! (middle of my 3rd transfer!) I don't know if every mission does this, maybe ask dad if he did, but here we decorate our planners with a theme that we want to focus on that transfer. My trainer decorated my first planner with theme of trusting in God and learning to balance all things, good advice for beginning of mission! The second one I did, with hold on to the rod so everytime I look at my planner (multiple times a day) I remember to be 100% obediant and think over the end goal and also with a verse from "I'll go where you want me to go" that has the line "ill be what you want me to be. Well, for this next transfer, I won't be the only missionary in this family any more! How exciting!! We both get to share in the spot light of the title "Missionary." I have the 1st article of faith and when I think of the "we believe", that's you and me, we both believe in god our eternal father and in his son jesus christ and in the holy ghost so we are out serving his other children to help them remember this belief. (Dad- your spiritual thought about the spirit reminding us of what we already knew has been on my mind this week, what good syncronization! Thank you for it) Also on my planner is a picture of theRome temple and elders on bikes. It's a bit premature but it's coming time to say "Welcome to the field Elder Walker!!" Congrats on teaching Su nday School too, scary but it will be great practice!
This is all I have time for again since it's Zone Pday once again (the junior copms creamed the seniors today at soccer thank you! I made 3 goals and was goalie!!)
I love you all, thank you for the letters, youll get my reply soon.
-Sister Walker

No comments:
Post a Comment