Monday, August 6, 2012

More Fun Pictures

Hello Family! I wanted to send you some pictures of my past week before I write my letter. 
 The first is the SmartCar van! Mom, you said i would regret getting a smart car because it wouldn#t be practicle if i get married soon after coming home, so maybe I'll get the van :] 
 second- last P-day we did end up going to the beach in Cuxhaven with the family that was baptized in Celle, the family that sister Faerber taught. They came and we had a blast! We were also blasted by sand. But after we ate our picnick the wind stopped and we were able to play with them and their 3 dogs. Guess the weather wanted us to be sure to have sand in our sandwiches. Thanks weather. This family is  so cool! The dad is in the British army and met his wife while stationed here. Their kids, Nathaniel and Emma, are 8 and 5 and so cute. Emma said something that just melted my heart: "Did you know that we lived with God before we came to Earth? I miss God so much that sometimes I want to die so I can see Him again." The mom, Vanessa, is in the picture too and she is awesome! Such a dedicated mom and wants what's best for her family. The dad, Phil, is working towards getting the Priesthood so he can baptize Nathaniel! I would love if I get to serve in Celle to get to know them even more. They said they hope I do come there!
the third- the nastiest slugs ever. This is not even the biggest we've seen! when it rains (about every day...) the slugs come out like the worms at home. I would rather have worms. I thought one was a stick and stepped on it and got slug guts all on my shoe and leg. gross

 Sister faerber and I have a goal to take one picture together a day. This day we had forgotten to take one so right before bed we took this gem. our mustaches are some padding from our helmets and the little green bible was a gift to us from a crazy turkish lady. last week she came up to us on the street and asked if we were mormons and then asked if she could have a book of mormon. that was pretty great and we pretty much had her baptism planned when we went over to deliver the book. then when we got there she showed us her collection of religious books. she has about 50 different books explaining different religions. when we taught her how to pray to know which of these churches and religions was right, she taught us how to pray like the catholics, the Lutherans, and the muslims. dont think shes quite ready for baptism yet... but she wanted to help us find god too, how thoughtful of her, so she gave us these bibles.
 that's me, a golden. we went to Hamburg for President interviews this week and my District Leader (my mission dad) said I needed to follow our family tradition and take a picture as a golden by this sign. this tradition goes back 5 or 6 mission generations. he was so proud that his 'daughter' was the first sister to be a part of the tradition!
President interviews took all day long and I was the very last person to be interviewed. we got there around 9am and I wasnt interviewed till 5pm. after lunch and a few themes,  or lessons, the group of us that still had to wait went to talk to people on the street in Hamburg! It was so fun to see other companionships out and working! sister faerber and I found this street and I wanted to show Pa, Dad, and Trey :] Richard-Straße! Richard- Street!

No comments:

Post a Comment