Hello Family!
Yes, the title is corect. I've been transfered. I am leaving Bremerhaven. I don't want to write about that right now or I will cry. Maybe in a few paragraphs...
Mom, I remembered the reason why the rule to only send packages to the Mission Home is there: Transfers. Yup. While customs between the US and Germany are a little strange it can take weeks to get a package if it is too big (I don't know how big is too big, sorry.) and with Transfers the missionary may be in a new city before the package gets to the old one. So, if the package gets sent to the Mission Home, they'll send it to the new city and the missionary will not have to wait maybe months for it to get from the old city to the new one. Hope you haven't sent the package yet, or if you have, hope it's going to the Mission Home or it may be my Christmas Package! Any time I get it I will love it. Letters do not go through customs neither do large envelopes so those can be sent to the address of the city I serve in.
New Address:
Virchow Strasse 39 (can also write Strasse as Straße)
03044 Cottbus
Germany
One Sunshine Moment of the week- We were knocking on doors in Cuxhaven on Wednesday and at one door a man answered, didn't seem interested and started to close the door. But when I said something about Family History work, he opened the door wide, grabbed my arm and pulled me in. I was a little scared at first to be honest but then he showed us all the work he has been doing to find his ancestors! He has also been looking for God his whole life and in his overflowing bookshelf of religeous books was The Book of Mormon and Jesus the Christ. We were able to share a few scriptures from the Book of Mormon, answer some of his questions, and even showed him Sister Faerber's Pedigree Chart! He asked us to have a new appointment and said that the next time we come we will find his family and God. It was just such an unexpected spontanious visit and the Spirit was there, it just made me smile. The next appointment will be with members from the Branch who know more about Family History. I was also thankful for the 'First 12 Weeks' training program. One of the activities was to get familiar with the Family Search Website and print a Pedigree Chart. Because we did that, we were able to help answer one man's questions!
This past week we had a Tausch that taught me an important lesson; don't just judge a story from one side. Every story has two sides, each person has their points of view. In order to truely understand events and make proper decisions and ideas, one should gather information and then sort it out, not just make snap decisions. This is something that I have been working on for a while, trying to understand Investigators, and a renewed effort since Tausch. I am not to judge, but am to be wise in what I think and do. The Tausch was fun! I tried to send you an email especially about it with a video, I don't know if the video was able to go through or not though.
OK. I think I can talk about Transfers now. Transfer calls were a big conference call on Saturday with every missionary in my mission and President Kosak makes it like a mini fireside with a Spiritual thought and then goes through city by city one zone at a time saying the new companionships. Then on Tuesday we go to our new city and get to work. I was not expecting to leave. Nope. I thought Sister Faerber and I would stay together one more transfer and then she would leave. When my name was one fo the first read I started to cry. Not only am I leaving Bremerhaven, but I'm making the farthest transfer, all the way to the Polish boarder almost! I am very sad to be leaving the wonderful people here in Bremerhaven but am excited to serve God's children in Cottbus! Saying good-bye to the Branch and investigators, and especially to Sister Faerber, was ,and will be, hard but I am greatful that the Lord trusted me enough to help those here. My hope is that they continue to progress in the Gospel and that in the future or in the next life we can rejoice together both parties being closer to God. Today is my last day here, I'm enjoying every last minute of it. Then tomorrow morning I will get on a train by my self and head to Cottbus, about 7 hours away. My new companion is from Switzerland, Sister Neukomm. I'm a little nervous for the new dialect, no more Hoch Deutsch but Saxisch Deutsch and a companion who speaks Swiz Deutsch. Dialects here are much more complicated than a simple accent like in America. It really is like a new language. There are dictionaries between Hoch Deutsch (normal German, Kaden will learn this in CHS) and the others. Woo-Hoo! This is what the blessing meant by learning all the languages necissary I think.
I know President Kosak is called of God so I know the Lord wants me in Cottbus now, but I will miss everyone here. It's not fun saying good-bye. Auf Wiedersehen is better, it means till we meet again. Church yesterday was sad. Lots of people in the Branch got teary eyed and I was asked to give a farewell testimony. Ya'll saw my farewell talk, my testimony wasn't much better. I am most sad about leaving Sister Faerber. Being with a girl 24/7 is a little hard but with Sister Faerber it wasn't as hard as it could have been. We worked well as a team and had fun together. She taught me so much and her example has been a wonderful influence to me. I hope someday I will be able to Train so that I can help someone like she has helped me.
Pictures: Lasagna Ice Cream and on a train, I thought I looked a little pretty so I'm being conceaded and sending it to you. I think I like Spagehtii Ice cream more than Lasagna in case you were wondering. And also me with the Branch President's daughters AKA the Branch's only Young Women. They are such sweet girls, the two oldest are twins (long hair is Allyson, short hair is Abigail, and the little one is Tanalee)
Kaden, Cameron and Cole- Have a great first day at school!! You are all so big and I know you'll do great! Make good friends and be nice to everyone. I'm so proud of you all! Thank you for your letters, I am writting you back :]
Mom, you are such a great Missionary! When people call you Sister Walker, that's your missionary title too. That's one thing I think is cooler about Sister Missionaries than Elders because we always are called by our missionary title, we can always remeber that we are missionaries. Every member is a missionary and you did great work! Have you heard any more about him? Did you give him the missionaries number? I'm proud of you!
Dad, take it easy with your back! Have you gone to the chiropractor? Be careful. Thank you for the picture of Jeremy and Kendelyn (spelling? I forgot) They look so happy! Thank you for comparing me to Abish, she is one of my favorite people in the scriptures. I will have to go read that article, we get the Liahona not the Ensign, do you think it's in there? Thank you for your example to me Dad.
Alyssa, all the pictures you sent me are so cute! Loved how Paige matched your belt, that was cute. I would love pictures for my book! Just the normal size picture fits in my album, don't remeber the dimentions.
Trey, two weeks!!! WOO-HOO!!!!! :D!!
I love you all, have a great day!
Liebe Grüße,
Sister Walker



No comments:
Post a Comment